Not open for further replies.

dust44d

What's An A Body ??
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for a nice rust pit free drive shaft for my '70 340 Duster 727 transmission.According to my book it should be 44.99 center hole to center hole.Part #2883690.Would like to find a clean one that I could polish/restore the tube on.Let me know what you might have.Will pay $$ for the right part.PM me here or email [email protected] Thanks Jim

I have a 70 duster with a trunk full of drive shafts, will check them out and get back.

I have a BRAND NEW driveshaft from a 69 Dart with BB and 727 in my garage. I just measured aprox 49 inches from center of front U joint cup to center of rear U joint cup. Are you sure about that 44.9 inch measurement?
This shaft is so clean you can see the weld down the side of the tube, so it's a shame it's not what you're looking for. Are Duster and Dart different? I thought all A Body would be the same, but I guess the wheelbases are different between the 2 models.
Learn me.

George

I have a 70 Duster, manual shaft-49 1/4
70 Swinger 727- 48 1/4
Are you sure about center to center?

I have a BRAND NEW driveshaft from a 69 Dart with BB and 727 in my garage. I just measured aprox 49 inches from center of front U joint cup to center of rear U joint cup. Are you sure about that 44.9 inch measurement?
This shaft is so clean you can see the weld down the side of the tube, so it's a shame it's not what you're looking for. Are Duster and Dart different? I thought all A Body would be the same, but I guess the wheelbases are different between the 2 models.
Learn me.

George
A Dart has a 3" longer wheelbase than a Duster hence a longer driveshaft. Im might have one?

I got the mesurement from the 1970-1 Chrysler parts book.Can anyone verify the correct length? 1970 Duster 340/727 Auto 8 3/4 rear end.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back