Looking for opinions on low budget 360 build

-
If you run one carbureted you have the cost of the intake, carb, gaskets, a distributor, and a fuel pump.
If I'm not mistaken the OP already has a carb,distributor, and fuel pump. He's going to have to buy gaskets anyway and he can use his existing timing cover and oil pan on a magnum. If he can score a running magnum for $500 or less I think he'd be ahead of the game.

for 300.00 you need to go back to 1970 even then you'd be hard pressed to stay in that "budget" those parts you have are toast go find a decent 360 that runs and maybe 300 and lots of your labour can do it

The engine was barely running when we pulled it. #6 was pouring oil into the cylinder. With it not firing, it messed up the carb circuits and fouled the rest of the cylinders because the vacuum was all over the place. The pic show it pretty clearly.

Here's my plan, send it to the machine shop have it cleaned and inspected. If it's good, I'll have them bore it 0.030" over and grind the crank if necessary. Once I have the specs on the block and crank, I'll order the kit from Northern Auto Parts. The way I look at it, the Dart is parked for the winter (yes it comes early here in Calgary), so I have all winter to rebuild it. I'll be looking for advice on how to clean up the heads and do a valve job, porting, etc. The Edelbrock intake will go back on along with a Holley 750 double pumper my cousin gave me. The Hooker headers are going away though, not only are they toast, but practically impossible to work with on the drivers side. Not sure if I'm going back to iron exhaust or shorty headers, haven't thought that far ahead.

IMG_20200919_152351.jpg

-
Back