Status
Not open for further replies.

Topless Shark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,

I've got two parts for my 1968 Barracuda on which I can't locate any info.

1. The car has an ignition switch light that is supposed to come on for a set time after the door is opened. The wiring diagram says that i should have a time "time delay relay". I can find the plug it should attach to, but have no relay. The local Chrysler dealer tried to come up with a part number from his obsolete books, but found nothing. If I'm forced, I can build a system that will do the job, but if anybody has one, or even knows what part number it is I would prefer to go original.

2. The chrome "spears" that go forward from the fake vents at the rear wheels. These aren't original to my car (maybe they were used on SS cars?), but the "Lady Involved" likes the looks of them so they are going on. I have found the grills, but am having no luck finding the chrome strips. Does anyone have an idea where I might find them, or what might be used instead?

3. Finally, I'm arguing with myself over painting the metal parts of the dash. If I decide to, is there a particular color I should use, or is "rattle can" flat black as close as anything?

Thanks

I have 2 74 Darts and both have the ignition light relay never tried to buy them new but I do have a spare does the plug look like l_ sorry I know its cheap but gets the idea I am going to a yard on Saturday so I will see if I can find more If I'm going to ship them might as well ship you a spare.

Dan

Not sure of the chrome spears. hmmmm.... Can you post pics?

The paint that is close for the dash is landau black by SEM available at most body supply shops.
I thought I was the only one who used the term "made of unobtanium"...LOL

Those lower gills and spears bring over 300 on ebay in decent condition.
If I had a set I'd be more than happy to take your 300. Those pieces , especially the gill plates, are good for nothing but collecting debrie and promoting rust. Back in the day a lot of owners knew to remove 2 bolts from the bottom of the fender and pull it out a little to flush the pine needles and crap out of there annually. Those who had continuous rocker moldings couldn't do that so easy. Thus the vast number of fenders needing the same patch panel today.
A glued on door ding guard down the center of the side is much more practicle than rocker moldings. Good luck with your female factor.

Dan 201, yes the plug is "L" shaped, thanks for looking.

Redfastback, I checked the paint supply store and they do indeed have the Landau black. now I just have to decide if it is worth work to mask it off for the little bit that is visible when assembled.

Redfish, that's a great idea! I never even thought of the after market door ding strip. I haven't found anything at any price on E-Bay, so that is probably a good way to go. I understand about the corrosion problem and will watch it, but 35+ years with the female factor says she will have those gills on eventually, so why fight it!

HH

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back