Looking for seat foam for 64 Valiant

-

ValiantV8

1964 Plymouth Valiant Signet V-200 Convertible
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I am new to the forum, and am looking to replace the foam in the bucket seats in my 1964 Plymouth Valiant Signet V200. Does anyone know where I should start looking? The upholstery is in great condition, just need the foam replaced. I have checked some sites, but the ones that I have found so far do not look like the correct shape and/or size.

20180902_130447.jpg

20181004_113349.jpg

Welcome to the site. Still fairly new myself but you will get a lot of useful info and helpful members on here.

60/65 CHRYSLER A, B & C-BODY MOLDED BUCKET SEAT FOAM | Legendary Auto Interiors"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"1"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"5"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"2"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"5"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"3"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"4"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"4"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"1"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"5"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"1"%7D%5D

This is at Legendary, Trim Parts also sells them that made by PUI

Last edited:
60/65 CHRYSLER A, B & C-BODY MOLDED BUCKET SEAT FOAM | Legendary Auto Interiors"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"1"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"5"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"2"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"5"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"3"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"4"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"4"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"1"%7D%2C%7B"make"%3A"PLYMOUTH"%2C"selection_num"%3A"5"%2C"sel_criterion"%3A"1"%7D%5D

This is at Legendary, Trim Parts also sells them that made by PUI
thank you, i will check them out

Please post if you find it. I've never found seat foam or a seat cover for my 65 (non-slit bench).
I have not seen seat foam for bench seats. Upholstery is tough to find as well.

Hi Guys!
I am new to the forum, and am looking to replace the foam in the bucket seats in my 1964 Plymouth Valiant Signet V200. Does anyone know where I should start looking? The upholstery is in great condition, just need the foam replaced. I have checked some sites, but the ones that I have found so far do not look like the correct shape and/or size.

View attachment 1715306141

View attachment 1715306142
Classic Industries has bucket seat foam listed for 60-65 Barracuda, Dart, Lancer, and Valiant. #SF150.

Classic Industries has bucket seat foam listed for 60-65 Barracuda, Dart, Lancer, and Valiant. #SF150.
So maybe I am missing something.... lol
1964 Plymouth Valiant Parts | SF150 | 1960-65 Mopar A-Body / B-Body Front Bucket Seat Foam | Classic Industries is listed for 60-65 a body bucket seats. However, based on the picture, the middle of the seat is lower than the sides. Mine seem to be flat. so I am not sure that these will work. the other option is that these are not original seats. This car was a project car for the previous owner and so the seats might not be original and if they are not, then I am not sure what car they came from.

The early A and B bodies use the same foam. These are MOLDED. Meaning they pretty much duplicate the original shape and no matter who is selling them, they all come from the same molds. Someone correct me if im wrong, but bench seats use slabs of foam, not molded.

I also have a 64 Valiant 200 convertible, black with red interior. They did NOT come with buckets originally. Your original seat was a bench, buckets were not an option but were standard on the Signet.

I bought new Signet seat covers, installation kit and foam for mine but have not installed them yet. I'm using 1965 Barracuda buckets bought from a FABO member. I ordered all that new stuff from Legendary while at a Mopar show and got the 20% off show special. Also wstch for Classic Industries or Yearone sales.

From the back, it looks like yours are the correct seats but most likely redone by an upholstery shop. Yours are flat either because the old foam is broken down/worn out, or they were not contoured properly when reupholstered. Post more pictures of just the seats to get a positive ID.

I also have a 64 Valiant 200 convertible, black with red interior. They did NOT come with buckets originally. Your original seat was a bench, buckets were not an option but were standard on the Signet.
Don't know about Valiants, but both of my 64 Dart convertibles came with factory buckets.

The early A and B bodies use the same foam. These are MOLDED. Meaning they pretty much duplicate the original shape and no matter who is selling them, they all come from the same molds. Someone correct me if im wrong, but bench seats use slabs of foam, not molded.

I bought new Signet seat covers, installation kit and foam for mine but have not installed them yet. I'm using 1965 Barracuda buckets bought from a FABO member. I ordered all that new stuff from Legendary while at a Mopar show and got the 20% off show special. Also wstch for Classic Industries or Yearone sales.

From the back, it looks like yours are the correct seats but most likely redone by an upholstery shop. Yours are flat either because the old foam is broken down/worn out, or they were not contoured properly when reupholstered. Post more pictures of just the seats to get a positive ID.

Thank you so much for the info, as a side note, my model is a signet, but that does not mean these are the original seats (i'm just not sure)

Just a note that upholstery isn't the same as what came with, they should look like this
s-l225-1.jpg

Just a note that upholstery isn't the same as what came with, they should look like this
View attachment 1715309569

That's why I mentioned that they look like they were redone by an upholstery shop. The backs don't look right. The side chrome looks original.
BUT, they do look like they are original seats.

Take a look at the Legendary site. They have illustrations of all the original-style seat covers they make. It's a good reference.

Looking at your seat frames they look original. I replaced my with PUI foam and Legendary seat covers and it worked great. The seat in the picture is actually a PUI cover, I think either one should work fine.

Hi Guys!

View attachment 1715306141

View attachment 1715306142
Why not build up the foam foundation? I buy high density foam and shape it to the seat sections when I help repair bucket seats on those old 60's Lincoln continental convertibles. The trick is to use an (NEW never been used on anything) 80grit grinding wheel on a 4 1/2" angle grinder and sculpt it to shape. you can use 3m #77 contact cenent to glue the replacement foam to the buns. Works great for me.

-
Back