looking for somoeon or a shop that knows mopars really well.

-

yeah

The gang’s all here
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving to everyone. I'm just wondering if anybody knows any really good mopar shops around the Chicago land area. I live in glenview. I'm having suspension issues , and all the places I know around here just work on fords or gms and seems like they don't really know how a mopar torsion bar suspencion works. If anybody knows any shops or even people. Would be awesome if you could let me know.

Thanks

I know this is not what you are asking but, Ask away here, there are allot of patient and kind people who would love to help... Some may even live close by that would lend a hand... I bet you could fix it your self

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. I'm just wondering if anybody knows any really good mopar shops around the Chicago land area. I live in glenview. I'm having suspension issues , and all the places I know around here just work on fords or gms and seems like they don't really know how a mopar torsion bar suspencion works. If anybody knows any shops or even people. Would be awesome if you could let me know.

Thanks

If the work on GM trucks, they know how a torsion bar system works

The problem I'm having is I just don't know what's wrong . Is it that my frame is bent or something is up with the torsion bar mounts. I kinda messed up when I bought the car I guess , stupid 25 year old that didn't know much about old cars , excited to finally be able to afford a mopar. And yeah the car was bad and now I'm to stubborn to not finish it. Besides that all my friend are into imports so I have no help from anybody haha. Sounds like a sob story ,maybe it is. That's why I'm trying to find some shop or people in my area that could help out.

YEAR MAKE AND MODEL.....ENGINE SIZE..So is it driving funny ?..... tell us what its doing?. What MPH is the issue happening at ?.. Is it when you go into a corner ?...DO YOU Have a front sway bar?....

, stupid 25 year old .

Cut yourself some slack

Tell us the year/ model you're working on and some of the symptoms, and while you're at it, do some readin'.

You can download a shop manual for several years here fer free:

Scroll down the thread, there's several years posted there.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

The other thing you should know is you do NOT want a shop aligning your car as per the original specs IF you are running modern radial tires. Somewhere on this board, there's a thread about that. If I get time, I'll look it up and post it.

Here's a couple:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-93166.html

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-147829.html

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-36114.html

Again thank you so much for the responses. It's a 1973 dodge dart sport, its got a 318 in it. Well basically the symptoms is that it leans to the driver side . The driver side both the front and rear is lower than the passenger side. When I do drive it there is really no symptoms that I could notice. also I put a new spedo on it and don't have the cable for it yet so I don't know the mph.The car does not have ant sway bars yet , but its pretty stiff, so it corners pretty well without the sway bars. I know I need alingment that's for sure, because of the tubular control arms that I put in it. I found a alingment shop that knows how to do it with the car being droped 2" on the spindles I have on it.

If just the driver's side is sagging.. have you tried to turn the adjuster bolt for your torsion bar? It's located in the driver's side lower control arm.. look up at it from underneath. Put the car on some jack stands, and turn that bolt clockwise. That should raise the car up a little on the front. That could be your problem. Although you say the front and rear are both leaning?

It sounds like you have no problems.All most all mopars will set lower on the driver side in the rear.This is not uncommon,don't over think it!As for the front end,the ride height will be set by the tech doing the alignment.You cannot set camber or toe on ma mopar torsion bar without correcting ride height first.This is assuming the car is in sound condition with no rot in the frame or torsion crossmember!!!

This may sound somewhat basic;
Check out your leaf springs and shocks.
Long ago after about 25 years of use, I had my Dart's leaf springs re-sprung and added a leaf. Made a big difference in ride.

Welcome aboard, and if your intent on bringing your car to a good shop, near you they know all cars well, my brother brings his 32 roadster there and all his other cars, my father brought all his cars there, I grew up there, that would be Strang Automotive, in Waukegan IL they will take good car of ya, tell them the Largo's sent ya.
http://www.strangauto.com/

Hey everyone , thanks for the help. I guess ill double check everything and see where that takes me . If not i most likely call the shop or if not ill save up and do coilovers and call it a day. But thanks again

When I got my 74 Duster it didn't have much wrong with it, but it did sag in the rear due to weak leaf springs and one shackle was bent so I replaced springs and shackles. Can't remember if it was lopsided though.

-
Back