Looking for this hose - HELP!!!!

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I am trying to find an exact match to this power steering hose. I have been to 3 different parts stores and every listing and illustration for the hose is different and has different bends and length. Here are a couple pictures of the hose ends and the hose itself. Hose is about 3' long if flattened out from end to end.

Attachments

• Jun26_007.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 129
  • Jun26_008.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Jun26_009.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 136
We have a mobile guy here that comes to our shop and makes custom hoses on the spot. If you can't find one, I'm sure there is someone like that in your area. Ask at some of the better shops in your area. I'm sure they will know where to steer you.

I know you want an "exact match" but unless you are a "concourse" restorer and very fussy, it ain't gonna happen, at least not for a reasonable price.

One way out is Weatherhead (and probably others) used to make hydraulic hose crimp-on ends which had big heavy duty compression fittings. You just cut off the metal ends of your hose, clean up the cut ends, and take it into a good sized tractor hydraulic hose outfit

Another way which we did before these ends were made, was to pick a hydraulic adapter such as a flare fitting (AN/ JIC or SAE) and ream the ID to be a tight fit on the old hose metal ends, then silver-braze the two together. Then it's just a simple matter of making up a crimped hose with common female flare ends to match

This link shows what a 3/8 compression end looks like. I believe you can get them in 45 and 90 bends as well

http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat...Series_Perfect_Match/Compression/06U-756.html

power steering hose 3' long? Little new at this but that seems to long to me. What kind of car?

-
Back