Looking for tips on replacing Oil pressure sender

-

mflynn

Reaction score
Just worked through engine break in after top end rebuild. 318 LA, '68 Cuda. Got a leak which I think I narrowed down to oil pressure sender. I'm going to take the old one out and replace it. Questions: (1). How exactly does it get connected to the gauge? I rewired the car w/ a Ron Francis Mopar Access 24/7 kit which has a wire for the sender, but I'm not sure how/if the wire gets connected to the sender; (2) is there a better, more modern sender that I can use in place of the old mushroom style? Thanks in advance.

Why not just install a mechanical oil pressure gauge???

The sender has a round button of a contact post. The OEM connector was very similar to a female spade terminal. Slides over the button in a T fashion. The right size female spade terminal will work there. A terminal insulated with plastic would need a bit of pocket knife alteration.

Tried finding the connector on the old harness - no luck. Do you have s PN or photo?

Its very rare to find a plastic insulator on that terminal. Raw copper female spade terminal on a grey wire is what we see. That's all the help I got.

-
Back