Looking for Vinyl top replacement

-

69 M-CODE CUDA

Reaction score
I own one of the '69 440 'Cuda fastbacks. Mine came with the also rare 'Slickback' vinyl top option in the 'pearl white' color. I believe it is the only M-code car built with this vinyl top. As I'm restoring the car, I will need to replace the vinyl and am looking for some help locating that material. I know Classic Industries sells standard (with seams) vinyl top replacements, but of course they don't cover this Slickback top. So I need a piece of vinyl that is at least 50" X 60" with no seams, in the 'Boar' grain and 'Pearl White' color. Any suggestions? I've emailed Classic, and am waiting for a response. Thanks for the help. (pic below of the 'Slickback' top)

upload_2018-11-5_9-59-0-png.png

Maybe Legendary Auto Interiors. I believe they carry the standard vinyl tops. Maybe they offer something for this.

Last edited:
I'd certainly try Legendary. I think Classic Industries may resell a lot of Legendary's products, whereas Legendary is a manufacturer.
Legendary lists Pearl White Boar Grain for C-Bodies. Maybe they can get a piece large enough for your 'Cuda.
69 NEWPORT/300/NEW YORKER VINYL TOP - PEARL WHITE BOAR - Legendary Auto Interiors
They also have an address for your questions: [email protected]

Bingo!! Legendary said they can just sell me whatever length of material I need, which comes in 54" width. So for just $64 I can replace my original top with a piece of material in the correct color and pattern. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
Bingo!! Legendary said they can just sell me whatever length of material I need, which comes in 54" width. So for just $64 I can replace my original top with a piece of material in the correct color and pattern. Thanks for the help!!

Excellent! Legendary has always been good about doing things that aren't on the menu.
I've had occasion to work with the owner as both a customer and a vendor. He's a big picture guy now, but he's always been about keeping customers satisfied.
Good luck with your 'Cuda. That's a special car.

-
Back