looking to move south?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
well there ya go... you have info that ya need. you just have to pull the trigger...

anywhere ya go in this economy you'll have to worry about jobs.. just the way it is. doesn't look like it will change anytime soon either...

like i said the biggest thing is the savings on property tax. the more ya save there it seems the less life style change will be needed, in my opinion anyway.. everything else seems to pretty much balance out from what i have found...

and yea they get ya anyway they can where ever you go.. jamies parents have good friends in VA with a bunch of acres on the sound of a mountian. they have a scenery tax... her cousin bought in SC and they have some goofy tax there too. forget what it is for though...

oh and home owner assoc. seem to be a big thing down there also....

me, i liked the clayton nc area where we stayed. the recearch triangle should be decent for jobs in my field and jamie should be able to get her accountant work. it was 20 minutes off of 95 and like 2 hours from the coast... plus its only a 6 hour ride from here. don't want to go too far just yet incase i have to run back up for an emergency, mom isn't getting any younger..

i'll tell ya man. the traffic or lack of i should say was so nice there. we could go anywhere at times that would have been gridlock here....

yea people do seem nicer there but i'm sure that will change sooner or later if it keeps getting built up like crazy..

ok. not to be a smartass,but you guys obviously have not done your homework on TN. first off,we have NO state income tax. my property taxes are cheap as hell. you only have car inspections around nashville,maybe a few other large suburbs. the weather is awsome! i an about 2 1/2 hrs from bristol and altlanta dragways. did i mention the weather? i am originally from northern ohio,done 13 years in S.C.,now here for 13 years. i love it here. S.C and N.C. tax you for taking a s$it! this state is very laid back which is good and bad. mostly good for car guys!

ok. not to be a smartass,but you guys obviously have not done your homework on TN. first off,we have NO state income tax. my property taxes are cheap as hell. you only have car inspections around nashville,maybe a few other large suburbs. the weather is awsome! i an about 2 1/2 hrs from bristol and altlanta dragways. did i mention the weather? i am originally from northern ohio,done 13 years in S.C.,now here for 13 years. i love it here. S.C and N.C. tax you for taking a s$it! this state is very laid back which is good and bad. mostly good for car guys!

like i said i don't know anything about tenn. i was talking nc..

come down one weekend and we will run it! there are alot of roads around here to have fun on!

thabnks for the heads up,,what are the car or older car laws in TN?? inspection ????? emmissions??? blower sticking out of the hoood????,

alll cars and trucks??? how old for antique tags???

anything 25 years and older. no limitations as of this year or last year. used to you were only supposed to drive it on weekends or special events. trailer tags are permanent also.

anything 25 years and older. no limitations as of this year or last year. used to you were only supposed to drive it on weekends or special events. trailer tags are permanent also.

ok,, what if i had a regular tagg on the hot rods ??? inspection ??? emmissions/? restrictions?? any vehicle tax on every day drivers????? diesle pick ups??? helmet laws for bikes???

ok,, what if i had a regular tagg on the hot rods ??? inspection ??? emmissions/? restrictions?? any vehicle tax on every day drivers????? diesle pick ups??? helmet laws for bikes???

you can run regular plates,but i don't know why you would. no restrictions or taxes or emmissions,other than nashville. they have emissions testing.we do have a helmet law.

i was supposed to meet a realtor at the property today to list it,but they never called. if nobody comes through,it will be with them in a week or two,then the price will be more!

i was supposed to meet a realtor at the property today to list it,but they never called. if nobody comes through,it will be with them in a week or two,then the price will be more!

thanks for the info,,,ill have to dig deeper, good luck on the listing,,,

I was going on a road trip the other day and I just realized something that most people dont think about. There was a comment about the property being a 100 miles away from a nuclear powerplant. It turns out that ALL of southern California is less than 100 miles from a nuclear powerplant.

I was going on a road trip the other day and I just realized something that most people dont think about. There was a comment about the property being a 100 miles away from a nuclear powerplant. It turns out that ALL of southern California is less than 100 miles from a nuclear powerplant.

Perhaps that explains people like Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi...

I Love Tennessee.(Cleveland). I'll be their in a year or two.
If anybody wants to know about a specific area
just go to www.city-data.com
it will tell you everything you wanna know about
a town. It is a good tool! Tennesse has the friendliest people
you will ever meet.It is also in-exspensive to live and beautiful.

i can't believe you haven't had any bites on this yet! My wife an I were just talikng the other day about moving south.

i can't believe you haven't had any bites on this yet! My wife an I were just talikng the other day about moving south.

give it a few months to get away from real estate and i'll give you deal! i need one less payment so i can try to get to the optima street car challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back