looking to move south?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already got 50 acres and an A frame off of 64 and the Natchez Trace in western TN, between Waynesboro and Lawrenceburg. Heading up there Saturday for 2 weeks of deer hunting, yup notice my avatar. you didn't even mention all the good corn liquor made in eastern TN.

I've already got 50 acres and an A frame off of 64 and the Natchez Trace in western TN, between Waynesboro and Lawrenceburg. Heading up there Saturday for 2 weeks of deer hunting, yup notice my avatar. you didn't even mention all the good corn liquor made in eastern TN.

lol! you are correct sir! there are so many things about this state that are awsome I can't list them all! this would be a little closer to home for you! I went to high school and tech school outside Spartanburg.

she is out of real estate again mid jan. i'll take $29,000 after it comes out. i can't believe nobody wants to jump on this!

Man I can't believe you haven't sold yet! If all of the bacon loving potential buyers out there only knew how close they would be to bacon nirvana (Benton's Smokehouse) they would jump on it in a heartbeat. LOL

Man I can't believe you haven't sold yet! If all of the bacon loving potential buyers out there only knew how close they would be to bacon nirvana (Benton's Smokehouse) they would jump on it in a heartbeat. LOL

and then loose their heartbeat! lol! I am jonesin to build the new shop,but something has to go first!

it's around. I think nobody just wants to cut loose of it. things are rolling in Knoxville.

i agree. people have money and are spending it.. in jersey they are anyway...

whats the school system like in that area??

I live about 20 miles south of Madisonville. There is some pretty land in this area. If you want a great place to raise a family or retire this is it. I am retired now but while I was working I was offered several jobs in different places. I refused them all do to I was a single parent of two children. The only bad thing about here is that you do not have many job options. Plus, you will end up talking like us. This has given my daughter some issues in medical school.
Post photos of the area and of the land it will sell.

Michael in Etowah, Tn.

ScreenShot2014-02-24at41241AM.png

google is F'd up! I saw that a while back. that is not where it is. if you follow the road up right before the culdesack it is on the right side of the road. you can see two big piles of trees and that is my buddies 3 acres beside us. we are to the left of it.

i agree. people have money and are spending it.. in jersey they are anyway...

whats the school system like in that area??

the schools are not what they are up north,but it is a hell of a lot safer than a lot of places.

the south talks normal, just the rest of the contry talks funny!???? raised in south ga, but lived now in missouri 35 years. still have some accent. when i frst moved here all i ever heard was " say what now!?????"
e. tn great place to retire, but job wise maybe like south missouri!!????? good luck.

the south talks normal, just the rest of the contry talks funny!???? raised in south ga, but lived now in missouri 35 years. still have some accent. when i frst moved here all i ever heard was " say what now!?????"
e. tn great place to retire, but job wise maybe like south missouri!!????? good luck.

there is a s$%t load of work around here. VW plant is 40 min away. Denso has two plants close. boat manufacturing out the wazoo.

it is out of real estate,AGAIN,for a while. I will make somebody a killer deal if we don't have to deal with the leaches.

Walked out to two inches of snow this morning- put me in line LOL
I have travelled that area and you really do have it nice there. I ran into early morning fog but any sane person would have still been in bed
GLWTS

i have 2.36 acres between madisonville and tellico plains,tn. About 45 min. From knoxville,tn. Property has been partially cleared and i go over now and again and work on it. The lot is very buildable on every part of it,which around here is hard to do sometimes! Nice views with a huge field behind it. Located on a dead end road. 15 min from i-75. 10 min. From smokey mtn. National park! $35,000 obo.
Call 423-404-3244

nobody has any money....

may the last person that leaves the Northeast please turn out the LIGHTS! LOL I really think those guys liove that cold and snow!???? LO
I was raised in s w ga, I will glad give nstruction to anyone wanting to move south. ( basically just slow down your speech, add youall to everything, and be sure to start a conversation to the guy next to ya at the gas station! LOL no really...
some people move south from the NE and love and others shake their heads and move away! same thing with folks moving to south Missouri.
wonderful place, but no place is perfect I 've found. good people everywhere but southerns do tend to have a different set of traits, which is not bad, but takes some understanding.
few phrases to understand: we mash the elevator button, no push it. we ask you to carry us to town, not take us to town.!?? etc LOL
economy!???? yes there is money, and those that got it are slow to turn loose these days. maybe they're saving up for shortage of , beef, pork, vegetables, and GRITS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back