Looks factory, but you tell me???

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So while I was stripping everything off my dash, I noticed what looked like a cheezy aftermarket choke cable screwed to the dash on my 69 cuda. Once I got it off i noticed where it mounted the holes were recessed, so I looked at a dash I have for a 68... no recessed holes on it. I took a look at the choke cable and it has HOLLEY on it in raised letters, I was getting ready to pitch it, but I thought I would run it buy the experienced guys and gals here.

DSCF0413 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0416 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0414 (Medium).JPG

some a bodies have switches in that location for auxiliary map light and rear defrost fan switches. Ma Mopar never put a choke cable like that on an a body. Hang onto it though. Its got to be much better quality that one of those cheapo choke cables sold at places like Auto Zone.

some a bodies have switches in that location for auxiliary map light and rear defrost fan switches. Ma Mopar never put a choke cable like that on an a body. Hang onto it though. Its got to be much better quality that one of those cheapo choke cables sold at places like Auto Zone.

Hey Chaz, my cars a ragtop, so no defrost and no overhead map light. I looked at 2 68 dashes, and none of them have the holes.

Any other ideas guys??

-
Back