Looks like the Dart is sold

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Due to problems with my new company my debts started rising too fast. Only way to get out of it was to sell the Dart. Find out tomorrow if it is sold or not. :pale:

Well, sorry to hear. Hopelly it goes through for you. I'm sure you will get another later.

That is the plan hopefully when business picks up again.

The only reason it's not guaranteed sold is the guy needs to rent a trailer to drive it home. If U-haul doesn't have any available he won't be buying it.

Is the car staying in BC?

Sorry you are having to sell......but there is a flip side. Be thankful you have something of value you can sell to help yourself out. There can certainly be other cars. I wish you luck.

That is the plan hopefully when business picks up again.

The only reason it's not guaranteed sold is the guy needs to rent a trailer to drive it home. If U-haul doesn't have any available he won't be buying it.

there are so many small off the beaten path business's that rent uhaul now that it is almost impossible to find them all online or in the phone book. I just call uhaul direct and tell them what i looking for and make the reservation and "they" do the searching.

it makes it easier because they can look out farther into areas that you have no clue about especially if its on the route between the two locations. they have found me something i could pick up long the way and drop locally when im done and they have found me something 20 miles away i hauled round trip.
Sorry you have to sell and good luck with everything

I should mention too, that I believe this owner will treat my car right!

He mentioned that he spent two years restoring a Duster with his son and then on the very first time driving it, the throttle stuck wide open and the car ended up hitting a park truck at the end of their street. The pictures brought a tear to my eye.

And I got my $20,000 asking price for the car

Congratulations, I agree with rusty, it was good to have had something of value to help get you back on your feet..

I just call uhaul direct and tell them what i looking for and make the reservation and "they" do the searching.

it makes it easier because they can look out farther into areas that you have no clue about especially if its on the route between the two locations.

Not here. I tried to get a full car trailer at my nearest local U-haul dealer and they didn't have one and put me in the system "waiting list" so if one came in I would get a call...

I then looked up a few more U-haul dealers and found one about 10 miles from me. Shortly after I picked up that one, I got a robo-call from the other one that there was one available....

Sometimes their system doesn't know all of the available trailers.

I needed one two weeks ago when my son was having some problems with the Dart after the dream cruise. I tried both of my local ones and they didn't have any full trailers, only a half trailer, so I had to settle for that because I didn't have time to wait and my son needed to get back to go back to work.

The next day when I returned the half trailer, they had a full trailer back.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :finga: :finga: :finga:

Like I said, Aug/Sep is go back to college month, and many parents and college kids are flooding the u-hauls to get settled into their dorms and off campus housing. Get your reservations as soon as possible... (And Sam's Club has mini-fridges and small microwaves on sale...)

Yeah I went by uhaul last night with the interested buyer. There were three full trailers there. But if those are all "reserved" for certain dates then we'll be SOL.

qAnOKIu.jpg

Drache, I've always admired your Dart & sorry to see you had to let it go :pale:

:thumbup: for having your priorities straight!!! You'll find another when the time is right...

I must admit......your car wasn't the style that's my cup of tea.......but you built it right. It was executed very nicely. You'll have another one.

Some parting engine pictures Drache?

Thanks! With some luck and careful bean counting, there will be another one.
Best of luck with the biz!

Congrats on the sale..sorry for your loss..glad too see an a-body bring that kind of money..

-
Back