Loose convertible top brackets?

-

Greg D.

Reaction score
i recently acquired a 64 convertible dart. The convertible top hold down brackets get loose and pop loose if I hit a bump in the road.

Here are a few pics.

Has anyone had this issue. Are these adjustable in any way?

Thank you!
Greg

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

Plus, you can see that the roll pin in the second photo is backing out. It may only be engaged on the one side, which will make it loose too.

Thanks to you both. I should have mentioned that I have tried to adjust the screw hook on the bottom but it didn't make a lasting change. I will see if pushing in the pin helps. Thank you.

Thanks to you both. I should have mentioned that I have tried to adjust the screw hook on the bottom but it didn't make a lasting change. I will see if pushing in the pin helps. Thank you.
How is the white plastic cups in the window frame?

How is the white plastic cups in the window frame?

The what? :)

I am away from my car at the moment, but I don't recall anything that would resemble white, plastic or cups in the locking mechanism on the top or at the window.

Am I missing a part?

Thanks

Anyone know where I can get a set of the windshield pockets that the top locks to for 64 dart?
also need the front bow where the latches bolt to, min has some rot on the ends

Anyone know where I can get a set of the windshield pockets that the top locks to for 64 dart?
also need the front bow where the latches bolt to, min has some rot on the ends
Sorry, I don't have anything extra.

The what? :)

I am away from my car at the moment, but I don't recall anything that would resemble white, plastic or cups in the locking mechanism on the top or at the window.

Am I missing a part?

Thanks

these
1963-70 A / B / C-BODY CONVERTIBLE TOP ANTI RATTLE CLIP MOPAR DART GTX FURY | eBay
!!!!!anti rattle.jpg

They go in the top part of the windshield side clamp. Another thing could be is a shrunk header seal that allows it to get closer to the windshield frame causing excessive gap. I did have to adjust mine out 3 turns when I test fit my new seal Vs the old one (or what was left of it)

@68gtxman: thanks for that tip! I took out both clamps, cleaned them up and reset that pin (one did better than the other). They now clamp down much stronger. I ran some errands today with it and it never once popped out. Thank you again.

@66Dvert: thank you. I will check those out. I definitely don't have them.

Thanks all. I think the case is closed.

-
Back