Losing my PB whe I go to V8??

-

swinginmy73

Reaction score
I am swwapping in a 318now and thena 440 intomy 73 Swinger. My question is, WillI lose my PB Setup?If so where would I find a suitable manual brake MC?Also is there any additional headaches to look forward to with this Brake setup swap?:read2:

There is a bracket out there that allows you to keep power brakes. Someone will chime in on this one on where you can get it

I could be wrong here, but I think the valve cover on a big block hits the blower /fan motor, I seen a member put a dent in the valve cover so it would work, BUT!! I might be thinking of an early a body. Give some tec's some time to chime in and the search button at the top of the page has been a good friend for me, serch or look for a thread that some one is going big block. I will see what I can find for you.

Oop's 8) Welcome to this great site :cheers:

There's only one car in that link that has power brakes, its the red 1967 Barracuda fastback with the 383, all the rest are running manual brakes.

Remote power booster setup?
Early Australian valiants used remote boosters.Not sure if they appeared in US cars.

Personally I prefer to delete the booster.Particularly with cams that kill vacuum.
Other pluses are tidier engine bay (and therefore easier to work around) less to go wrong and less weight.

-
Back