lost a part last night

-
Lost the drive shaft out my 73 Satellite Sebring on the back country road I use to live on in my teenage years. One of the straps that held it on the yoke broke off and the shaft dropped out. I look in the rear view and see it somersaulting down the road and into the woods. Me and my buddy looked for the better part of an hour and never found it.

lol well i found it today it was part of my leaf spring?

not sure how that happened but i have coil overs in the rear:sign6: so shouldnt affect it too much

completley lost on why that would happen but guess its a funny bar story i can tell when in a boring situation

i lost my driveshaft on my 88 ranger a while ago and probably a few tools but ive never seen a leaf drop out

Few years ago bought a 78 Dodge Motor Home, took it on vacation, about 60 miles from home, I heard a scraping sound, stopped, looked underneath, thought maybe the hanger bearing(2 piece drive shaft, didn't see anything amiss, drove a little further, heard the same noise, went to the rear bathroom to get a work shirt, looked at the bathroom floor, slanting to the back, went to the back and the add on rv frame had broke behind the van frame. Called home and told my dad to bring my pickup, some gas for the generator and the sawzall, I emptied the box on the back, and tore the box apart while waiting, we cut part of the frame off, and ran ratchet straps around the top to hold the rest of the frame up, brought it home and thats where its been parked since.

lol well i found it today it was part of my leaf spring?

not sure how that happened but i have coil overs in the rear:sign6: so shouldnt affect it too much

completley lost on why that would happen but guess its a funny bar story i can tell when in a boring situation

Mention Broken Leaf Springs to any mechanic, and the first word out of their mouth is going to be Ford. I've personally seen hundreds of fords with broken leafs (it doesn't happen very often with dodge or chevy though).

When they get stressed or worn out, they crack and then split in half. Fords in particular are famous for this, because their springs are notoriously weak. Dodge & Chevy on the other hand run heavier/stronger springs in everything, which is why you rarely hear of a Dodge or Chevy breaking a leaf.

i left the breaker bar on the balancer bolt after setting the lash on my car.drove around the block and it fell out (the breaker bar) stopped recovered the breaker bar and socket never found the bolt....lol now i always look.

I was doing the front axle seals on a 95 Ford 4x4, and found a half inch socket underneath the axle shaft u joint.

Also had the spare tire come off from underneath that same truck on the highway. Driving along, I look out the drivers window, and see my spare tire literally bouncing/rolling along beside my truck. The metal bar that holds it up had fallen off, never did find it.

1971 age 16 I owned a 69 Corronet R/T 4spd.. It was a Six Pack dealer installed. I had a lift off hood from a bee. I was at Ampton speed shop and every one was admiring the car. As I was leaving they all came out to watch the show. My head was as big as a pumkin.

Well you probably guessed it. I never pinned the hood. Going into 3rd the hood took off like it got sucked up by a twister. I looked in the mirror and saw it spinning around as it landed scoop up. It was not damaged saw no pieces fly off. I pulled over and was running back for it . A semi driver who could have avoided it ran it over with a smile on his face. I just stood there in awe. Mouth open and from what the guys at the speed shop told me my eyes were as big as baseballs .I picked it up and attempted to pin the crushed carcass back on. I took alot of harrassment for years. I still hear about it when the right person meets me at a cruise.

But I think the worst is when after missing second in a street race you follow an oil trail back to the place where you heard the clunk and you find half of a rod cap with the stud and nut still attached. And then after paying up to your winner everyone splits and leaves you there with rubber marks in both lanes and a oil trail leading to the back of your car. Then the police happen to be patrolling that country road. $$$$

Back in the late '70s, we were piled in one of my buds' car one evening around sunset. We were heading east on the Long Island Expressway burning a rope and cranking the tunes. At some point some of us became aware of a light shining into the left side windows. WTF? Our eyes soon became unglazed and noticed a Chebbie in the left lane...a shower of sparks was blowing from the right front wheelwell. As our eyes focused, we could see that the right front tire and wheel were missing and the driver had a death grip on the steering wheel and his mouth was wide open, probably screaming.

Before long, the Chebbie slowed and meandered off onto the shoulder and then onto the median grass with a cloud of dirt erupting. We then noticed the missing wheel and tire passing us as we and the surrounding traffic slowed down to watch.

That dude was having a bad day, but we had to laugh our nuts off remembering the look on that guy's face.

the ranger i lost my driveshaft, exhaust fell off n the battery flew out of the motor bay. well you could say it was my fault we took it jumping on a motocross track haha

the motor mounts broke one day on my dads jeep and the motor "fell out"

after hitting a deer on my saturn the hood flew up doing 70, and yes i could not see. i was a pro rally car driver for a bit.

somehow i just dont have the best of car luck lol

A good buddy of mine lost the front driver's side tire on his F250 doing 70mph down the highway. The tire crossed the median and hit another car. His rotor ground down, but nobody was hurt. He ended up paying the guys deductible and put the tire back on with the ground down rotor because he was too cheap to buy another rotor.

-
Back