Lost Interest in my Duster. Might be time to sell

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
After letting my car sit for 2 years now, I have lost interest in fixing my Duster. Wife is sick and bills are piling up due to her medical issues and no time or cash to invest in the car. It was a nice run to get her all pretty and take to shows but the passion is fading and I am considering selling the car and parts outright. I also do not have access to any help in doing an engine swap and even though I have done one before myself, I just do not have the ambition to try to do it alone again. I do not have any idea of what I could expect to the car as for as fair price, the rear quarter on both sides are rusting at the lower edges and around the wheel well as is the driver side tail panel. I have a replacement passenger quarter patch (new)as well as other misc parts. I hate to see the car just sit so I think it is time to let her go to a new home. Also have a spare engine in my storage unit.

I'm sorry to hear this, I know you've had some rough times the last year. Don't sell everything, at least keep a few of your Keyboards.

You have to do what is necessary to help your family first.
Expect to take a loss on it though.
What about your signature?

Sorry to see this Tom....but putting your family first is never a bad thing. Just don't sell it out of haste....it is very easy to become overwhelmed when the spouse is "under the weather".....

Been there done that. I sold a 71 340 4 speed duster to put new siding on my house!

I can understand what your going through Tom, Last year was a health nightmare for me...And all I keep hearing is sell the car...I just got it together and haven't even driven it much...I have more in it then it is worth and cant sell it right now...So I sold alot of my other toys and have drawn the line onthe car...And I told her you cant take everything away that I love so we are just going to have to work it out another way...All my best to you and your family...Hang in there...Bill

PM me with a price and I will try to help you out...I want to start and restore business and might be interested in the car...Bill

Tough decision for sure. Some people find it helpful to draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper and list the pro's and con's on either side, and set the paper aside and come back to it after a while. Take into consideration whether it's costing you much to keep it and whether it's deteriorating much sitting.

For me it was a good decision to sell, because I couldn't afford to get the things done that Goldie needed and that was a stressful feeling.

Prayers for your wife. Is she doing better?

It's a sad fact,of the hobby. Done it myself, as a Chevy enthusiast. Do what's best for you & family.

Kick Mopar to the curb. That's what woke me up.

Hold on to it unless you really need some money, with the economy you will need to give it away.

My dad parked his car for over 30 years, I rode in it when I was 10 years old and the next time I was about 45 years old.

Untouched, we used to joke about all the crap that was piled on it that someone could come in and steal it, replace it with a couple boxes and my dad would never know.

At his age though he will probably never restore it, money is not an issue but it would take time away from driving, old age is setting in...but it's up and running and he enjoys it so that is all that matters.

And allows me to spend some quality time with him because of our common (automobile) addiction! LOL.
Paul

vbpgimage.php

Don't do it you will regret it. You need to drive it and let it be a stress reliever. You do what you gotta due to take care of family.

We just returned from UNC Chapel Hospital. She needed to go for a brain scan today. Dr. thinks she may have a blood vessel problem in her brain that is causing her constant dizziness or maybe a tumor. They did a scan last November but this time they injected dye through IV needle and are looking even more this time. We will be back at UNC at 8:30 AM tomorrow for results. Also they may need to draw brain fluid and test for Multiple Sclerosis. The medical bills are quickly mounting and this may be a way to pay for some of these bills. I will keep the faith and ask for prayers for my wife Delia. Thanks to all my FABO friends and family out here.

Prayers for Delia, the kids as well as yourself.

Cars are just a hunk of metal so do what you need to do to take of the family and never look back.

...I put my car away for almost 10 years...i think I really would have regretted selling it...I always told myself that it isn't costing me anything to be in storage and I could find monies in different places...the joy may not be there now but it may be in 5 years..

...even more important if yiu have kids...

Just a thought...

Prayers your wife will get better. Without hesitation she is way more important than any car. There are many more cars out there.

first thing prayers to the great I AM for your wife and all involved ...second I hope there is room for your car in your life and you don't sell it! mine has sat for 13 years before as i was raising my kids and many others years I could not afford to put a dollar into it but i drug it around from garage to garage and now i am able to do some real work to it again it is a old friend and glad I sill have her!!

-
Back