Lost my little doggy.

-
Now it has happened to me. I lost my Riley.
20211227_111347.jpg
He was my first dog ever. He had beautiful brown eyes that you could look into and know he had a soul.

Now it has happened to me. I lost my Riley. View attachment 1716233943He was my first dog ever. He had beautiful brown eyes that you could look into and know he had a soul.
My sincere condolences. I've had about a dozen dogs over the years, and I'm pretty sure I know what you're feeling.

You'll never forget, but time does heal the sorrow.

Sorry for your loss Tinman. I can definitely relate.
We lost our Mopar to the rainbow Bridge just a month ago. She was only six and a half. Cancer sucks.

20230328_135539.jpg

20220727_181749.jpg

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard to lose a family member that brought so much joy into your life. To me our dogs really do teach the meaning a love.

Karrin and I just went thru this and still are far from over the loss. Lucy was around 12 that extra 5 years you have make it even harder. You accomplished quite a feat with a dog that doesn't like men. In the top picture who is actually driving? Never mourn always celebrate their life!

sorry for everyone fur baby losses.. my maya is getting up there in age. been acting weird the last couple days.. hopefully its not her time yet.. my daughter helped pick her out at like 3 years old.. she will be a mess.

Last edited:
Now it has happened to me. I lost my Riley. View attachment 1716233943He was my first dog ever. He had beautiful brown eyes that you could look into and know he had a soul.
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy Riley.
You gave him a good life and a loving home. The memories will be with you always.

My heart goes out to all who have lost their best buddy. Thanks to all for your kind words.
If I was home, he was right by my side. He slept by my shoulder for most of those years. Even now I still can't sleep in my bed. Anytime we were in my pickup, he was on my lap. I would roll down my window pulling into the garage at home and he would jump up there to look and make sure I hit my mark. And we went on at least 3 walks per day... most days one of those was ½ mile around our neighborhood when he was younger. Three walks per day times 15 years equals a lot of time spent together.
20210409_134212.jpg
20211219_213307.jpg

sorry no puppies in my house , but i lost my spiko of 11 years , very tuff each day as she would wake me every morning at 6 regardless on the time of the year , and she would come get me when it was time for bed too . here she sits on her frog bed .

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

DSC01523.JPG

I am so sorry for your loss. Riley was a handsome little guy, and no doubt a faithful companion. He will be patiently waiting for you at The Rainbow Bridge.We finally got to looking for another Shi Tzu after almost 2 years since we lost Prissy and found one in a rescue in Spartanburg, SC. We were waiting on them to do all the Vet checks before we picked him up. He is an older guy that someone found walking right down the middle of Wade Hampton Blvd. We went to meet him and it went really well. They let us know yesterday, that he took a big dive off the couch at the foster home and hurt himself, so now it's a wait and see until he goes through anesthesia to get his teeth he knocked out or broke, fixed. We're on pins and needles until we hear back on Friday, so say a little prayer for Thurman the Shitzoo to do well in surgery.

Karrin and I just went thru this and still are far from over the loss. Lucy was around 12 that extra 5 years you have make it even harder. You accomplished quite a feat with a dog that doesn't like men. In the top picture who is actually driving? Never mourn always celebrate their life!

Very sorry for your loss. I miss my little Priss every single day. Her little box with her ashes is on my nightstand.

Very sorry for your loss. Cancer most definitely sucks! We lost our boy, Buster to stomach cancer in 2019. He was a Shi Tzu, and 8 at the time.
Sorry to hear about Buster.
Since 2 Shih Tzu are all I've had, they are the standard for me. I couldn't have dreamed up a better little dog to live with me. I read that they are slow learners or difficult to train. I could show them something 2 or 3 times and they got it.
So now I have my 13 year old Belle. She has an enlarged heart and a grade 4 heart murmur which causes fluid build up in her lungs. Meds are helping so far but taking it one day at a time.
20231224_111620.jpg

-
Back