Lost our big handsome boy today

-

missing linc

Loose nut behind the wheel
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On March 1 2009, my wife and I brought this handsome little bundle of fur and energy home to join our family.
Dunham second batch 031.JPG
Dunham second batch 023.JPG
Dunham second batch 011.JPG

Dunham second batch 033.JPG

Yesterday he had a really good day, we went to the park for a good walk, and he had a rawhide after dinner last night, a favorite of his.

In the early hours this morning his breathing became very labored, and he would not eat his breakfast or take a cookie when I got up for work.

My wife got an appointment with our vet early this afternoon, she called me from there and I left work to spend a few precious last moments with him.

He has been on medication for about a year for a tumor on his liver, which had caused him a number of other problems, including fluid build up around his heart. The vet said that his body had just begun to shut down, no longer able to fight all the ailments he was facing.

He had just turned 12 years old in December.

Rest in peace Dunham, I will see you again when we reunite, along with all of the great dogs that have come before you and will follow.

Last edited:
I feel your pain.

We have lost to many and down to the kind that don’t pass! Maybe in the future we will try again.

RIP Dunham. Our pets are a big part of our lives & when they leave us it leaves a large hole in our hearts.

What a great pup, I’m sorry to hear of his passing. Thanks for giving him the life that all dogs deserve, a loving family and a good home. They give so much to us and ask for so little in return. He’ll be there waiting, like a good pup does, and that will be a glorious day for you both. RIP Durham, you done good here bud!

A557B835-9FF0-462A-8E09-A1D3E2CF166C.jpeg
Unfortunately as pet owners, we all have to deal with the inevitable. My German short haired pointer will be 14 this July, although her health has been amazing that day will be coming and I’m already dreading it.

RIP Dunham. Sorry for your loss,I know how hard it is.
When we lose a beloved pet, we lose a little piece of ourselves. But the person that has never known the love and devotion a pet will give us.. well that person never finds a small piece of his soul, it is missing.

Rest in Peace Dunham.

I'm very sorry for your loss. They bring us so much joy. The only fault they have is not living long enough.

So sorry for your loss. What a handsome boy. He was very lucky to have such a great family! Rest easy Dunham

He looked like a great dog! Sorry for the loss of your friend, I guess that's why they say every good dog story has a sad ending. My Maggie's getting up there and I dread that day coming.

I am so sorry Randy that's hard to take when a family member passes.
Looks like the good times you both had will never be forgotten and that's the best part of growing old.

-
Back