Lost our little buddy

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
Our little man was 14 1/2 years old First small dog we ever had by far the best He never left my wife’s side He was never carried he walked everywhere he never liked to be picked up my wife is so down I am too, but she is not handling it very well we have another one that is seven
When is an appropriate time to get another one. I think that my other one is getting sick from being alone. She won’t eat.
1E274706-420B-4B1E-BC3A-CA7C456D91B4.jpeg

Our little man was 14 1/2 years old First small dog we ever had by far the best He never left my wife’s side He was never carried he walked everywhere he never liked to be picked up my wife is so down I am too, but she is not handling it very well we have another one that is seven
When is an appropriate time to get another one. I think that my other one is getting sick from being alone. She won’t eat.View attachment 1715842611
Sorry for your loss. We lost our dog at 16 yr. and just lost our cat this July at 16 yr. It's HARD!

I'm so sorry for your loss. The critters we have, and love are family. Go out and adopt another pup and do your best to turn your sadness into love. It will help your other pup too.

Last edited:
Horrible news! And having your emotional bell rung is valid. You are not alone. But that's a good run for the age and I am sure that was because of the love and attention your guys gave her.....

Opinions vary about when to get another. Having waited year and also getting a new buddy a month later after the passing of my Black lab I am all chips in about not waiting too long. You guys are animal lovers and there are so many who need homes.

Open your heart and eyes.... Then your new friend will be right in front of you.

Sorry for the loss,
JW

Very sorry for your loss. For me, losing a dog is worse than losing a human.

Many years ago we had a Lab and Chihuahua. The day after we lost the Chihuahua at 17 years old, the Lab started howling at night. It took a couple of days to realize he was missing his buddy. After three trips to the SPCA shelter with the Lab he found his next buddy. I recently read to allow other dogs to be present when one passes so they have closure.

Sad goodbye to my 16 year old Beagle earlier this year. It never gets any easier, that’s for sure. Wife and kids agreed to wait for a while ( like months) before we got another one. God had different plans, as He often does, and this little rescue came into our lives about a month later. He has some issues but after 5 months, we’re starting to figure each other out.

FE3C8E4D-1425-419D-BC2B-C62D49E1E59C.jpeg

Sorry to hear..
Lost Lia today...
Second chance rescue from California..
Last four years two shots of insulin per day.. Completely lost her sight the last six months... She lived a true dogs life...
IMG_20180416_121459.jpg

Man, losing a dog sucks. My condolences to you and your family. I've never cried like I did when my last dog had to be put down.

So sorry for your loss. It's really tough when you lose unconditional love.

Whenever one of you guys (or women) bring up a loss, it always gives me a twinge, and I remember my own lost ones. They certainly were and are good friends

Sorry to @loganscuda and @j par both beautiful dogs. The amount of love they generate is incredible. We lost 2 dogs and 2 cats in a matter of 3-4 years. Tough but tougher on the wife.
If in your heart you know that you want another one, there is no sense on waiting. The pup you have now will thank and love you for it.
We waited a few years before Lori got Piper.
Love the pic of the 2 cuddling on the window sill.
Heres a recent pic the groomer took.

IMG_4259.jpg

So sorry for your loss loganscuda and j par. It hurts to have to let them go, we lost our big buddy almost a year ago and still miss him every day. We still have two fur babies and I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are always there for us and never fail to bring a smile, no matter how hard a day has been.
You will know in your heart when the time is right for a new best friend.

Once you fall in love with a dog (and the feeling is mutual) you try to convince yourself there must really be a doggy heaven (just would not be fair without one).

I'm very sorry for your loss. My Shi Tzu is 16 1/2 years old and is on the downhill spiral. Never sick a day in her life, but lost her hearing a few years ago, and has cataracts that our vet says isn't fixable because she's too old. She is starting to get doggie dementia, but as long as she eats, poops and wags that little tail when I touch her....we ain't makin the trip! Again, very sorry for your loss. :(

Sorry to hear this, for both of you guys. It's an awful thing, having to say goodbye to a furry friend. I've done it before, and I know I'll have to do it again. It never gets any easier, and for sure it takes away a little piece of your soul when it happens. However, when the stars align a new critter comes your way that can help heal the wounds and make things better. Here is Dixie, a rescue I just found.

Dixie.jpg

This was a while after I had to say goodbye to Maggie, seriously a candidate for best dog on the planet.

Maggie.JPG

And I will leave you guys with this, from Curtis Salgado. He is a local blues legend in the Portland, OR area. I've seen him many, many times but this might be his best song ever.

Vaya Con Dios, furry friends.

-
Back