Loud POP when tightening LCA pivot nut normal?

-

clinteg

Reaction score
When I tightened down the LCA pivot nut on the pass side, before I got it torqued all the way, I heard a loud POP noise like something broke. I've looked around and can't seem to find anything wrong. Driver's side seemed to go fine. Only thing I can see that's concerning me is that the QA1 strut rod jam nut keeps loosening on it's own. It's loosened twice now in just 17 miles of driving. I do notice sometimes some sort of clunking noise from that same side in turns that are rough. One thing to note, I did have the strut rods tightened before the pivot nut was torqued. Maybe that was wrong and what has caused some sort of hidden issue. All suspension is new stock replacement other than the strut rods. I cannot see any cracks around the k frame hole either. I'm not sure what's going on but something doesn't seem right. Any thoughts here?

how is the torsion bar & the rear mount? --loud pop is not good!!

does your ride height maintain? this weekend would be a great time for a demo ride!! Lawrence

Ride height dropped a little since I've driven it but not much and on both sides evenly it seems. The passenger side torsion mount is the one that was rusted and I reinforced on 3 sides with new plate.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a week on vacation otherwise I'd have you come over and see what you think. Maybe when I get back we can take it for a spin. I'm honestly scared to drive it very fast or very far. I don't have any confidence in it yet with the way things are.

definitely will have to meet up.. That's a shame about the car-- will have to check it over-- or just put narrow tires & roast them!!

-
Back