Love my new wheel/tire combo

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
15x8 steelies from summit with 4.5 backspacing with 255/60R15 tires. The factory 14 dog dishes also fit :D
before:
df7db31e.jpg

after:
cf871297.jpg

7359277a.jpg

ef5af36c.jpg

ignore that little rust patch. It's a small fix that I intend on taking care of this summer.

I will agree, they look great! I have the same tires on my 73 duster, and my fronts are P215's. Just a warning though, my front tires rub the back of the fender when there is more weight in the car (2 or more people) while taking a turn. I sure hope you don't have this problem, (if you have bought the fronts too). I had to do a little bit of cutting to solve the problem. :(

That looks nice. I'm running the same size wheel and tire on my rear.
DadGum_Teen, I running 225's on my front and have never had a scrubbing problem. What size wheel do you have up front. I have 15x7's so that might be the reason I don't scrub.

Same wheels and tire brand, 15x7 with 225/60R15 tires. Although they only had 4" backspacing, I'm hoping it won't rub on the inner fender. I won't be able to test fit till next month since I bought a front disc conversion kit. Think I can get away with 4" backspacing up front? I'm thinking worst case I can use a 1/4 inch spacer.

Looks awesome Dust-her!!!:-D

I am actually looking at these same size rims from Stockton Wheels, and was wondering how they fit...Thanks for saving me a long post! Want to do the color matched steelies and dog dish caps. I refuse to rock the hubcaps to Crusin Grand this year, but dont have a lot of cash to go crazy with.

Any chance of seeing a side shot of the back tires/wheels?

Stockton wheels can be custom made, but you can't beat summits $89.99 for the 15x8 rims. This the best that I can do for now.
fd2784fa.jpg

9946e7f2.jpg

1c13ad29.jpg

rest assured as soon as I can move the car out of the garage I'll take side shots!

Awesome dude!

I'm going with Stockton cuz Summit doesnt carry the 5x4 in sbp I have on my Duster :-D Trust me I would love to pay $90 instead of $150 each. I am going with the 2 rears and keeping the front steelies that are already on the car. Was going to get 14x8's but it was suggested to me to get the 15's due to the difficulty in finding good larger tires to fit the 14's.

I don't think the 15's in back and 14's on the front will look too bad.

I had to go with 15" up front because of the disc conversion. I've seen alot of wide tires at the rear and skinnies up front. I wanted to go with a different approach and have decent width all around. Either way good luck!

-
Back