Love summit racing equipment.

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have been looking for a front windshield for my dart. I cannot find a clear windshield locally so i turned to AMD. They repop the glass but wanted $225 for the glass and another $185 to crate and ship it. I then realized that Summit racing was a dealer. I called and they have one in stock. It cost me $245 total to my doorstep! Score!!!!

Summit hands down over jegs, but rockauto is really good too though for stock OEM stuff

now..... where is the best place to get the window gaskets? front and rear. quality is more important that cost.

now..... where is the best place to get the window gaskets? front and rear. quality is more important that cost.

Steele is what i have purchased for my trunk seal. And have one for my back glass but need to buy for my windshield and they are quality pieces
I have yet to install the rearwindow gasket till I get the front windshield gasket and the time to install them

Hard to say... Legendary, Classic Industries, Year One... were some of the places that were selling them.. year or so back when i called for mine, i kept getting 'they're on national back order... no estimated arrival time'.. from what I heard, all the big aftermarket companies were getting they're window rubbers from the same manufactuar and that manufactuar had gone under (or something like that) .. So I found my front one at a swap meet.. the back i had ordered from Steele Rubber.. They make they're own window rubbers.. i had heard good things about them, so i ordered.. The back window rubber I got from them sucked.. It didnt fit.. it was so loose you could literaly with one hand push the back glass out.. it was a disaster.. then had to fight with them to get a refund...

With any luck the national backorder stuff is over now.. id start calling the big aftermarket companies and checking there first

Steele is what i have purchased for my trunk seal. And have one for my back glass but need to buy for my windshield and they are quality pieces

Did you put the one for the back glass in yet? and if so, how was the fit? the one I got from them for my Dart SUCKED...

the back i had ordered from Steele Rubber.. They make they're own window rubbers.. i had heard good things about them, so i ordered.. The back window rubber I got from them sucked.. It didnt fit.. it was so loose you could literaly with one hand push the back glass out.. it was a disaster.. then had to fight with them to get a refund...
Great sounds like I am screwed on back window seal:banghead:

Did you put the one for the back glass in yet? and if so, how was the fit? the one I got from them for my Dart SUCKED...

No I have not had time to do it. And still need to buy replacement trim holders for the trim around front and back glass
The trunk seal is nice though and works good. Guess gotta see how long it lasts

Looking for windshield for 71 Duster...

Summit 195.00 plus sales tax and 45 dollars shipping...259.00

Jegs....198.00 no sales tax and 13.00 shipping ...211.00 ,,,SOLD...

Looking for windshield for 71 Duster...

Summit 195.00 plus sales tax and 45 dollars shipping...259.00

Jegs....198.00 no sales tax and 13.00 shipping ...211.00 ,,,SOLD...

you must be in the same state as Summit? I am in Washington so i never pay sales tax for mail order stuff.

correct..summit has store in sparks nv...but jegs shipping was only 12.99 vs 45 for summit.

Thanks for posting that summit had the windshield...as I was looking all over for one...once I found the part number i was able to comparative shopping....

Thanks for posting that summit had the windshield...as I was looking all over for one...once I found the part number i was able to comparative shopping....

ya i just called on a lark. i about **** myself when they told me $245 to the door. i couldnt pay fast enough. lol.

I'm still kinda partial to Summit, I used to work there! Lol. In the Ohio store. Best job ever! I was one of the only mopar guys in customer service at the time. Maybe the only one!

I'm still kinda partial to Summit, I used to work there! Lol. In the Ohio store. Best job ever! I was one of the only mopar guys in customer service at the time. Maybe the only one!

i have always wondered what it would be like to work for them. they could just pay me with parts. lol.

I have some old used rubber windshield seals for a dart. I dont think I would reuse rubber pieces that old, but if you want them..............

-
Back