low rearend

-

ntvbld

Reaction score
hello the rearend of 73 valiant sets really low on the tires and i was wondering if there is an adjustment for that or does anyone know any cheap but safe fixes

you could use air shocks or coil overs to bring it up or if you really wanted it up and to hook some superstock springs would be great but if all else fails add a leaf kits are cheap

It all depends on high you want the car to sit in the back end. SS springs will raise the back about 2 inches over new stock height (2 inches is alot) but the car will sit with a slight canter with the right side being a little higher. A set of extra heavy duty springs will bring it up about 1 inch above new stock height but the car will sit level. I would not mess with air shocks or longer shackels.

Jack

Theres no adjustments to the rear leaf springs.
The add a leaf springs help a bit. That should do fine. There probably the cheapest way out short of replacement. Longer shackles are also cheaper, but, depending on how much your sagging is also a point of concern. You really do not want to go to far with the shackles.
Then, after the add a leaf, I would look into the coil over rear shocks.
New springs @ espo.com. Good stuff.

you can get the springs re arched...longer shackles or air shocks are just a way aound doing the job correctly...
Its easy and cheap..all you need is a press, new u bolts,center bolts...

Here's an old trick and probably the cheapest,go to a junkyard and get the springs from a Dart or Duster.
Take or cut your U-bolts off and the center bolt and add one or two more leafs to each side.
It will make your car ride a little stiffer but it will bring the rear back up some.

thats true but i know around her in south east tenn and north georgia darts and dusters are'nt just sitting around in junk yards . but man do i wish they were

hey evil scamp where did you get you go wing

I would go with new springs instead of messing with band-aids. (Is that copywright infringment?). Adding leafs, airshocks, coilovers, shackles, et al, will restore (another ?) your ride height. BUT, you still have the original problem of week/worn out leaf springs. Adding crutches may have an adverse affect on the handling characteristics of your vehicle. The cost of new springs is low enough as to make playing with the devil seem foolish. What was the old saying about paying a little now and alot later?

Revhendo.

i love it it looks mean i would like to put one on mine i have a 72 scamp with .030 over 360 forged speed pro flat tops purpleshaft cam torker 2 340 intake ported and polished and blueprinted 340 x heads by hensley racing 750 hp series holley ,msd pro billit dist. 6al box and a NOS super proshot running through a 904 manual reverse valve body tranny backed up by a 8 3/4 with 5.13 gear on a strange spool.... Still needing a 3500 Tci stall to tie it all together

-
Back