Lower Ball joint bolts

-

Vmanmopar

Reaction score
Hi all, i have something i have not seen before when working on b bodies. The lower ball joint bolts on this Barracuda i'm working on has 1/2 x 2 7/8 long NF nut and bolt install. i;m used to seeing a castled nut and cotter key. So my question is which is correct, the nut bolt and cooter pin or nut and bolt only?

Also the aft or rear bolt has a round head on it meaning it is not flat.

Thanks

Hi all, i have something i have not seen before when working on b bodies. The lower ball joint bolts on this Barracuda i'm working on has 1/2 x 2 7/8 long NF nut and bolt install. i;m used to seeing a castled nut and cotter key. So my question is which is correct, the nut bolt and cooter pin or nut and bolt only?

Also the aft or rear bolt has a round head on it meaning it is not flat.

Thanks

Your working on a Drum brake early Barracuda. and that nut and bolt arrangement is normal.
If you had a DISC Brake early Barracuda, nuts & bolts would be 9/16.

Some went into threaded holes too, no nuts. The rounded head serves as a travel stop. Never seen cotter pins on these 2 bolts in A-body.
I guess my question is, do those bolts On B-body enter the brake area, like cotter pins dragging on the back of a disc ?

Some went into threaded holes too, no nuts. The rounded head serves as a travel stop. Never seen cotter pins on these 2 bolts in A-body.
I guess my question is, do those bolts On B-body enter the brake area, like cotter pins dragging on the back of a disc ?
Funny you say that, when i was disassembling everything some fell out, others had to be screwed out. all had a locknut on them.

-
Back