lower ball joints 65-72 kelsey hayes disc set up

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reasonably priced place to get lower ball joints for the 65-72 kelsey hayes factory disc set up A body ? Everywhere I have looked they are HIGH!! Thanks for the responses guys. In my search I did turn up something suprising I have seen the kelsey hayes reman calipers all over the place in price and I saw them at the NAPA website for about $35.00 plus $16.00 core and have seen them other places as high as $170.00!!!!

What are they worth to you? I I have a set IF I can find them. They where bought for a 70 Duster 340 I had years ago and where never used.

I checked 2 places.
Autozone: Duralast lower ball joints $45.00
Rockauto: Moog lower ball joints $65.00

Unfortunately,the small bolt Kelsy Hayes parts are going to be more expensive then there later model big bolt counterparts. Just the nature of the beast. Do an online search for your best price.

Note that there is nothing special about these ball joints. With the exception of 9" drum cars ALL A-BODY LOWER BALL JOINTS ARE THE SAME.

Note that there is nothing special about these ball joints. With the exception of 9" drum cars ALL A-BODY LOWER BALL JOINTS ARE THE SAME.

C130 Chief.
If you are talking about 1973-76 A body cars, then yes, lower ball joints are the same between drum brake cars, and disc brake cars, but the original poster is asking about 65-72 cars.
Then in that case lower ball joints ARE different between drum brake cars, and disc brake cars.
The difference between the two is drum brake lower ball joints attach to the spindle using 1/2 inch diameter bolts.
Disc brake lower ball joints attach to the spindle using 9/16 inch diameter bolts.
That's the difference between the two. In theory you can drill out the mounting holes on drum brake lower ball joints from 1/2 inch, to 9/16 inch to use on a disc brake set up if you wanted to.

-
Back