-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avispa

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Contact seller
One of my wheels locked up, finally got the drum off and found this lower shoe spring was broken,
upload_2019-9-4_16-21-19.png

went to NAPA and bought the hardware kit, the springs are different and the counter guy broke out a giant spring book, but couldn't ID it.
upload_2019-9-4_17-18-12.png

I don't want to rebuild these brakes or put any money in them because it's a 65 Dart with a 360 4 speed and a lowly 7 1/4, so we know the rear is on borrowed time.

So, if some one has one let me what ya want for it. Need to get the drum back on to move the car around,
Thanks

Last edited:
9 inch or 10 inch brakes? If it's 9 I got what you need. Just blew up the rear end in my car so I pulled it out.

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like there might be minor differences between the 64 and 65 brake hardware kit; but the shoes are the same, as are the backing plates. I will send you the whole handful of stuff so everything matches.

It looks like the differences are mainly in the adjuster, you can find a picture of the 64 adjuster and this will get you back on the road

Last edited:
I have bins full of old brake hardware from the past 25 years. Not sure why I cant force myself to throw anything away. I never reuse brake hardware but yet I still save it.
If you dont find what you need hit me up. Let me know what the approx length is on the spring.

I'll run out there and bag up all the hardware, PM me your address and I'll put it all in a flat rate envelope for you

The bottom spring is all I really need, as long as shape and size are the same I'm good to go.

I have bins full of old brake hardware from the past 25 years. Not sure why I cant force myself to throw anything away. I never reuse brake hardware but yet I still save it.
If you dont find what you need hit me up. Let me know what the approx length is on the spring.

Thanks for the offer, let Me see what Ol' Blackhatguy comes up with.

The guy with the black hat came through, thanks to MM1974 for his offer, and thanks for all the other responses also.

Good deal, your welcome.
Just as a side note, sometimes those brake hardware kits have springs that are slightly different in shape. They usually serve the purpose even though they are not exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back