lower control arm 1972 Duster

-
Thank you for your explanations. Off to work now, have a great day

And during turning, as the weight transfers, things can be moving in opposite directions.
I think you really get the big picture on this topic. That seems to be rather rare in general from what I have read online for decades.

Only one point we might diverge on I quoted above. I have intensely tried to determine in normal forward motion, driving even at speed and turning, what forces might exist to move any of these components in "opposite directions", other than rebound to the expected forces, and I have failed to discover them. Meaning do things move yes, is it critical, no, is it enough to be an issue, not proven, Are the forces mostly in one direction, yes in what I can determine, do forced items rebound, yes.

edit: Above was typed as I was walking out the door in a hurry.
However, there are truly opposite forces laterally on the LCA depending on the direction a car turns acting on the radial slop in the LCA pivot points, that likely effects directly camber and indirectly caster and maybe toe. But the question remains depending on the slop, how much, and is it important?. And my contention in all but the most egregious slop circumstances, not much, and not important. Nobody yet has proven or quantified otherwise.

Last edited:
-
Back