lower control arm bushings

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the wilwood brake kit and most of the hardware for the front end rebuild on the 68 Valiant from Mancini,and found out that the poly lower control arm bushings are no longer being offered. the salesman noted that guys were having issues with them coming apart. Has anyone seen this with there front ends? I do have the poly lowers in my 69 swinger but havent seen any problems yet.

I haven't heard anything specific on bushing failure. The only thing I've heard was a pin fitment problem on some applications mostly due to the expertise (or lack thereof) of the installer. Maybe someone else who's done one recently will chime in but if I remember correctly, in some cases, you had to reuse the old metal sleeve in the new poly bushing and if you didn't, there was an excess play problem.

Just ordered the wilwood brake kit and most of the hardware for the front end rebuild on the 68 Valiant from Mancini,and found out that the poly lower control arm bushings are no longer being offered. the salesman noted that guys were having issues with them coming apart. Has anyone seen this with there front ends? I do have the poly lowers in my 69 swinger but havent seen any problems yet.
I emailed Erhenberg over at Mopar Action a few years ago asking the same question. He said he uses the standard rubber bushing instead of the poly in the LCA for that same reason just as a precaution.

Yes, there is a bit of confusion on using the old sleeve from the origional busing, and maybe that is the problem. Mancini wouldnt even give me the option, it was origional rubber or nothing. On my 69 swinger 90% strip car, i really liked how the fit was of the poly bushing, it seemed to allow alot better movement of the lca. I did have to use new "mount pins,(not sure what the correct term is) without the sleeve, due to one origional being bent. Read the instructions and your usually ok but i guess thats the way it goes. Really just wondered if these things are prone to failure.

-
Back