Lower Control Arms?

-

lugnut1962

Banned
Reaction score
Just got my remanfactured control arms. I'm not sure if it's a problem but the shaft on the right side seems to be loose. There is about an 1/8 inch slop back and forth. The other side is nice and tight while still being able to turn the adjuster. Is the slop in the right side a problem? Will this go away when installed? or will I be driving down the road with a clunk clunk gioing on? Don't want no clunk clunk.....Thanks....

my stock ones have about that much movement at the t-bar socket well maybe not that much. I've seen some that just wobble around in there. AutoXcuda has posted pics on what he did to fix it. Basically he squashed the sides of the LCA together and welded in a piece to hold them tight without binding up the socket.

I have been known to fix them. Cut the weld on one side of the bumper plate and squeeze the halves together a bit, but not too tight, and reweld. I have always suspected that this is the source of the familiar Mopar clunk, especially when backing up while turning.

thanks Jim.....not real happy about my "NEW REMANFACTURED PARTS"....SIGH....

-
Back