lower control arms

-

vwmoparguy

Reaction score
On my 65 Dart I have removed the front suspension for powder coating. I noticed on the LCA, on the part that rotates, there is a rubber bushing. Is there a way to remove the torsion bar pivot from the LCA?

On my 65 Dart I have removed the front suspension for powder coating. I noticed on the LCA, on the part that rotates, there is a rubber bushing. Is there a way to remove the torsion bar pivot from the LCA?

Use a hydraulic press and you will get it out. You might find bushings on this site too. Good luck

Ok, I got everything pressed apart with no problems. The next question is....has anyone powder coated the LCA's? Seems it will interfere with the rotating operation of the LCA and torsion pivot?????

Ok, I got everything pressed apart with no problems. The next question is....has anyone powder coated the LCA's? Seems it will interfere with the rotating operation of the LCA and torsion pivot?????

Personally never had a pair of control arms powder coated, or had customers of mine with powder coated ones, but what you are asking about should be a non issue with the operation of the LCA.

Our very own powder coating guru -Leanna (from Phoenix Specialty Coatings)
did a set for me and the pivot rotates just fine!

Our very own powder coating guru -Leanna (from Phoenix Specialty Coatings)
did a set for me and the pivot rotates just fine!

Thanks for the mention Don! :-D

As long as the masking is properly done VW, you shouldn't have any problems reinstalling your LCAs. Feel free to hit me up for a quote if you're interested in getting them done here (pics of your parts will help a lot in getting an accurate estimate).

-
Back