Lower Control Arms

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I want to put a sway bar on my 68 dart but my control arms do not have the tabs. Are all LCA's the same on a bodies? I know that the upper control arms are different on the later models but what about the lower control arms?

Without tabs they are all the same. The tabs can be welded on your LCA's. 72 back is a wider sway bar so the tabs are near the end of the LCA. 73 up the sway bar is narrower so the tabs are a lot further in. I think the 73 up sway bar may go through the k frame from what I have read but you will need to check that out for yourself to make sure. There is always an aftermarket sway bar option too.

I found a sway bar kit, complete with tabs that just bolt on thru the lower shock bolt hole.

Attachments

• 3F53M13J35I95Kf5H4d1897a1649e343211eb[2].jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 199
Dont know exactly, found this on Craigs last night and all for..............$ 100 bucks, Im all over it LOL and its for a 67 Dart GT so it should fit my 67 Cuda, will post the name/maker of it when I grab it. The name is on that box Im sure but was only that one photo.

67 lower control arms are designed a bit differently that 68-72 and also carry a different part number although they will interchange

Dont know exactly, found this on Craigs last night and all for..............$ 100 bucks, Im all over it LOL and its for a 67 Dart GT so it should fit my 67 Cuda, will post the name/maker of it when I grab it. The name is on that box Im sure but was only that one photo.

for that price my guess is Addco brand. Not a monsterous performance part but neither was the OEM bar for pre 73. Any sway bar is better than no sway bar.

I have a '73 K-frame set up. I didn't care for the way the tabs were welded to the LCA. I figured I'd sell the '73 LCA and weld new, slightly larger and stronger tabs to an older LCA that didn't have tabs and made fixtures for the '73 tab locations. I still have the LH and RH fixtures if anyone wants to add '73 tabs. You'd have to make your own tabs; Just cut them out of flat steel. You pay 2-way freight.

-
Back