Lower Quarter Patch Panel .Best Company?

-

TXDart

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, they are all made by Sherman.

I got mine from Layson's..............they were thicker than the originals. That's been five to six years ago now.

I got mine from Layson's..............they were thicker than the originals. That's been five to six years ago now.

Layson's no longer lists them on their web site.

If I'm not mistaken, they are all made by Sherman.

Auto Body Specialties has the best price I've found at $127. I called them and asked a bunch of questions. Here's what I was told.

They are 18-19 Gauge metal. They are made in Taiwan by a company called Key Parts (spelling?). ABS commissioned them 10 years ago and had a 1 year exclusive. Now Key Parts makes them for everybody including Sherman and Goodmark.

The guy I talked to said he had personally checked the fit against a stock quarter panel and they fit well.

ABS ships UPS from Connecticut. Shipping to my zip code in CA would be $49.

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MP-503R

1963-66 Dodge Dart:
New Die Stamped Quarter panel patch panels. Correct gauge thickness - Made in the USA - not Taiwan Junk. We have two versions available. The first is the wheel well patch - covers the entire wheel lip area with 3" additional sheetmetal all the way around - square cut. The second is the patch behind the wheel well lip (covers the first 6" of the wheel lip itself as well) to the rear valance panel. Goes up to just past the body curve in the panel that is a little above the rear bumper level.
Measures 37" length X 15-1/2" tall.
KK-636WPL 1963-66 Left Wheel Well Patch Panel $129
KK-636WPR 1963-66 Right Wheel Well Patch Panel $129
KK-636WPP 1963-66 Pair of Wheel Well Patch Panels $239
Measures 34-1/2" length X 14-1/2" tall.
KK-636RPL 1963-66 Left Rear patch panel $129
KK-636RPR 1963-66 Right Rear patch panel $129
KK-636RPP 1963-66 Pair of Rear patch panels $239

In stock in our warehouse and ready to ship........

Attachments

• DartCuda patch panels 002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 583
1963-66 Dodge Dart:
New Die Stamped Quarter panel patch panels. Correct gauge thickness - Made in the USA - not Taiwan Junk....

Who makes yours?
What guage are they?
Have you compared them to the Tawainese part?
Did I miss them on your web site?

1963-66 Dodge Dart:
New Die Stamped Quarter panel patch panels. Correct gauge thickness - Made in the USA - not Taiwan Junk. We have two versions available. The first is the wheel well patch - covers the entire wheel lip area with 3" additional sheetmetal all the way around - square cut. The second is the patch behind the wheel well lip (covers the first 6" of the wheel lip itself as well) to the rear valance panel. Goes up to just past the body curve in the panel that is a little above the rear bumper level.
Measures 37" length X 15-1/2" tall.
KK-636WPL 1963-66 Left Wheel Well Patch Panel $129
KK-636WPR 1963-66 Right Wheel Well Patch Panel $129
KK-636WPP 1963-66 Pair of Wheel Well Patch Panels $239
Measures 34-1/2" length X 14-1/2" tall.
KK-636RPL 1963-66 Left Rear patch panel $129
KK-636RPR 1963-66 Right Rear patch panel $129
KK-636RPP 1963-66 Pair of Rear patch panels $239

In stock in our warehouse and ready to ship........

Yeah that's the whole frakkin wheel opening. You caint get that anywhere else. Rick do you offer a FABO discount?

Sorry, no FABO discounts.....I'm not a "vendor" anymore......

Our panels are stamped out right here in the USA exclusively for us at Layson's.

Panels are 20 ga. thickness.

I have not done a side-by-side comparison with the other EDP coated panels as I have never had any EDP pieces in my hands to do a comparison with.

These panels are listed on our website.......but I will say our website leaves a lot to be desired.....

i sell the good mark stuff and the well.. all the stuff. i personally have used all of it.. i would use laysons. the edp panels are ok.. but, you are talking about a small difference in price.. the labor to install is probably the same.. go with laysons just my opinion.

Sorry, no FABO discounts.....I'm not a "vendor" anymore......

Our panels are stamped out right here in the USA exclusively for us at Layson's.

Panels are 20 ga. thickness.

I have not done a side-by-side comparison with the other EDP coated panels as I have never had any EDP pieces in my hands to do a comparison with.

These panels are listed on our website.......but I will say our website leaves a lot to be desired.....

Yes, it is hard to navigate to say the least. When I get my green ready, I will contact you directly.

i sell the good mark stuff and the well.. all the stuff. i personally have used all of it.. i would use laysons. the edp panels are ok.. but, you are talking about a small difference in price.. the labor to install is probably the same.. go with laysons just my opinion.

My understanding is that edp is just a method of painting the panels. Do all edp panels come from the same factory?

Have you installed any panels from Laysons?

There is a member here that I got my patch panels from, don't remember his username but you might want to contact him

I think edp is not paint but like a plating. I believe they call it E- coating if I am correct.

I went ahead and ordered the panels from Layson's. Once I get them, I'll post back regarding the fit.

My 1963 Dart Gt is fixing to get it body work done but I need to order Lower Quarter Patch panels.
Whose panels are the best quality?

Goodmark?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMK-2110-690-64L/

Sherman?
http://www.jegs.com/i/Sherman Parts/455/194-60R/10002/-1?CT=999

ABS ?
http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MP-503L

I am looking for the best quality and what you all have experienced?
Is there other companies to consider?
Thanks,
Martin

Martin.
I used the ABS parts and the fit and finish was excellent. it came well packaged and didn't have any bends in it from any damage.
I also ordered the wheel well arch and they look good too. (going on a different 66 dart)
metal thickness is as thick or thicker than original (might be from the old panels being a little rusty)
I haven't used and other part from summit but I have used shernams parts on my old jeep cherokee, again fit was good and metal was as thick as original.

Why would you want to? Layson's also sells the proper panels for early valiant/barracuda.

My understanding is that edp is just a method of painting the panels. Do all edp panels come from the same factory?

Have you installed any panels from Laysons?

i have installed all panels from about anywhere.. some take a little more finessing than others. and the black edp panels could come from anywhere..

a lot of american and taiwann factories use the edp coating.

-
Back