Lower Radiator Hose Question

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I've got a 68 Dart with 340 and 22" radiator. I just bought a Dayco C70352 lower radiator hose and it seems too long (not the 'cut-to-length ends, but the middle straight section).

Are there different part numbers for hoses for a bodies with 22" radiator vs those with 26" radiators?

Also, can anyone give me a good part number for a SB-22" radiator combo?

Thanks!!!

Go to RockAuto and order a Continental/Goodyear 60662, and you'll have a perfect fit. The end with the rib goes on the water pump. You do have the cast iron water pump, don't you?

Go to RockAuto and order a Continental/Goodyear 60662, and you'll have a perfect fit. The end with the rib goes on the water pump. You do have the cast iron water pump, don't you?

No, it's an aluminum reproduction. Does that make a difference??

Thanks for the part number btw. I appreciate it.

68 shud have a cast iron water pump... Cast iron pumps have inlet hose on drivers side
70 and up are aluminum pumps, and their inlet hose is on the passanger side

U need a spring in lower hose, u can make one easy with a wire coat hanger, i jus wrap it over a pice of 1" pipe.. Ive always thought the more coils the better, less of a chance of hose collapsing

I've definitely got a later style pump then because the inlet is on the passenger side. I was able to make the old hose work, but still need to pick up a new one. Hopefully the Goodyear one will fit because the Dayco one was waaaaaayy too long.

Try to order it for a 70 dart if u have an aluminum water pump... It shud have the right bends for lower hose on passenger side

I wrap my own lower spring from stainless-steel wire. I don't know that they ever come inside a new hose. Many original ones get tossed with the old hose.

Yes and I get them from

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=RH52+01&catkey=65-73$srccode=MUEMVWEB

That's where I got mine also.

-
Back