Lowered Barracuda

-

ROB MCWILLIAMS

Reaction score
I have a 65 Barracuda V8 with a 4 speed I want to make my Barracuda a lowrider I know it already sits low and two sit lower is turning the torsion bars all I would have to do to the front end or is there more. I'm not a mechanic but I am mechanically inclined and I have a friend that has a shop that is even better with mechanics than I am so I'm pretty sure we can handle it. Is it really that easy to lower the car just a matter of turning torsion bars and making sure you have clearance

Just unloading the bars will make it bottom out on the bump stops. Lowering spindles in the front and lowering blocks in the rear are the best way to do it. Low profile tires will give you the look as well.

Agreed, but do they make springs for that car or would that have to be custom? Do you know.. blocks are just blocks
Just unloading the bars will make it bottom out on the bump stops. Lowering spindles in the front and lowering blocks in the rear are the best way to do it. Low profile tires will give you the look as well.

Agreed, but do they make springs for that car or would that have to be custom? Do you know.. blocks are just blocks
Rear springs hold the car up. Saggy old springs will sag. I would use lowering blocks instead of 50 year old worn out springs. Contact ESPO Springs and Things and see if they have lowering springs.

-
Back