Lowered truck stance opinions needed

-
That's what i was figurin i don't trust airbags for primary suspension, my fear is to blow out somethin out in the middle of nowhere and being stuck with the wife yelling at me for puttin them stupid things on there to look cool. Close your eyes and you can hear her "for christ sake your 53 years old act your age why would you put this stuff on your truck, i told you this would happen" yes dear as i lower the door on the trailer to get out the cuda to go get parts.

I used new leaf springs on the back of my '02. I can still tow a trailer with an equalizer set up. I think it dropped it 3 inches. Front looks good, back needs to come down a little. IMO

That's what i was figurin i don't trust airbags for primary suspension, my fear is to blow out somethin out in the middle of nowhere and being stuck with the wife yelling at me for puttin them stupid things on there to look cool. Close your eyes and you can hear her "for christ sake your 53 years old act your age why would you put this stuff on your truck, i told you this would happen" yes dear as i lower the door on the trailer to get out the cuda to go get parts.

LOL....we're the same age and i totally get that. When we lived in Boynton Beach (So. Fla.) I had a plant brokering business and pulled a 36' goose neck with a diesel 2wd dually back and forth to the mid atlantic and i was too cheap to get hotels and made us sleep in the trailer. We had some good times but she had a lot of issues with it. Someone's gonna steal the truck while we're sleeping, there's lizards in here, the generator's too loud....etc. I still wound't trade for the world.......lol.

That's WAY wrong. You'll be driving the ring gear the wrong way. If you really want to do it, move the perches to the bottom of the axle and install it on top of the springs.....but if you do that, you may have to remove the lowering shakles and reinstall the stock ones because it may lower it too much then.

That's what I am refering to. I can buy a flip kit that has everything needed as a bolt on kit.

Funny, i used to haul boats up and down the east coast and out west never got a hotel always slept in the truck [and it was a straight cab] used to take the wife and kids [2 boys] with me during the summer,to this day she'll swear i got lost on every trip [when she went she insisted to be copilot,my wife is Korean did not read english at all then] thats why i got lost once and awhile can't argue with a women even if they are wrong.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 004.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 007.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 002.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 005.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 115
C notch it and flip the springs. Would look way better if the rear came down rather than bringing the front up. Slick truck though.

Love the pics Lou, mine was white/silver 2tone. Man does that bring back some memories, thanks:).

I like it the way it is. Did the slammed thing too long myself. You didn't say if you were hauling payload or towing.

Hey guys I got the SS/T lowered and the alignment done and had to have the front bump stops removed as it was sitting on then at rest. It sat really nicely until the bump stops were removed now it sits lower in the front then I initially wanted but it is growing on me now. What do you guys think about the rake? Love it or hate it? Don't hold back and be as abrasive as needed. I can raise the front up an inch with the supplied 1 inch spacers that came with the drop springs, they were designed to be 2 inch drop with spacer or 3 without them. So what do you think? Good, bad, or raise it up a bit?

definitely drop the rear a little. Personally, the raked look has never looked good on anything. Whether it be on trucks or hotrods or whatever.

My rule of thumb with DD trucks is to lower it as far as you can without impeding drivability.(ie: will it go over speed bumps, will it ride right, etc)

Oh and do everything to avoid making it look like its part of the mini/lowered truck show scene....if it does...you did something wrong. :D

Checkout Belltech's website

-
Back