Lp's and Vinyl Records

-
Did my living when I was younger and it's a good thing or would not be here today 'free' to post online.
'Time' just a few in county and a 90 in wasco, nothin major or what you'd call 'time'.

I recommend to any young people here who get into trouble not to, but if you for some lame *** reason decide to... better get it out of the way when your young because if you walk into that court room still fking up at 25+yrs old your in for a rude awakening. Judges don't like it when you don't have your head together at that age and WILL put you away for AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

So now I strive to be a more cool headed, responsible, considerate, mature hard working adult, but I still know a few old tricks if you know what I mean.

I'll never give up my records.
BTW I really like 'surside days' and 'it's doing something' 'IO',& shot around the world by Rk agnw.
I know casey royer, he's alright too.
Justin.

Ahhhh, exuberant youth. Never did time, but I was sort of a trouble maker too. Just an annoying pain in the *** really. 8)

My records made me who I am though in a way. I used to lock myslef in my room listening to TSOL etc. every day back in high school. Was like a force field around me those LPs, nothing could get close.

I met Casey briefly back in the late '80s. That was one HYPER dude. If you have it, listen to the Adolescents live record from '86, they recorded some of it at The Anthrax in Norwarlk CT. I was there, they played with Agression. Amazing night, about 30 people in a KOC club. Those were the days.

Ahhhh, exuberant youth. Never did time, but I was sort of a trouble maker too. Just an annoying pain in the *** really. 8)

My records made me who I am though in a way. I used to lock myslef in my room listening to TSOL etc. every day back in high school. Was like a force field around me those LPs, nothing could get close.

I met Casey briefly back in the late '80s. That was one HYPER dude. If you have it, listen to the Adolescents live record from '86, they recorded some of it at The Anthrax in Norwarlk CT. I was there, they played with Agression. Amazing night, about 30 people in a KOC club. Those were the days.

Aggression One of my favorites.. It's all part of the money machine the money machine makes you forget the human being and they call it the money machine....

still occasionally buy vinyl to add to my collection which I don't consider a collection because I actually play mine. A great digital rig can't touch the sound of analog. Play a CD that you also have on vinyl on a decent rig, no comparison. Also we know that the cartridge has a major affect on the sound as well as the tubes and loading on your preamp (you are using a vacuum tube preamp aren't you???) :iconbigg:

My record collection.......

600+ on the right (all at least partially melted) and 500ish CDs melted in a blob on the left and in the yard.

Yup...... I "had" a great collection up until March.

(Guy with the shovel is not me.)

100_1792.jpg

68formula sorry you lost your collection. Rumblefish your right, I remember when they used to put extras in the albums. My favorite Kiss, Tattoos and posters. Great times.

I still have about 400 LP`s and love to listen to them through my vintage Marantz amp and Advent speakers. These old amps kick butt! There is a lot to be said about analog recordings, they have a warmth that digital recordings can`t reproduce.

Looking at your Marantz, I have the "quadraphonic" version of that same receiver! lol. It's model #4230.
I too have a good size collection of LP's Mine date back to the 50's and 60's, and 70's, and if I had those that belonged to my parents I've got quite a few from the 40's, too.

I still collect old vinyl 45s and albums. Mine are all mostly punk rock from the 70s and 80s. I do have Mott the Hopple, T Rex, Thin Lizzy in there as well. Something about that old vinyl that you just cant find on the CDs and such from today.Still break out my old Necros and Negative Approach 45s and give them a blast from time to time.

600+ on the right (all at least partially melted) and 500ish CDs melted in a blob on the left and in the yard.

100_1792.jpg

Man, I'm crying for you... House fire?

I have a small collection of classic rock LP's, about 70. I play them through my Marantz 2252B amp and a Sansui turntable.

WOW this thread is old. lol

I have over 1200 at last count. Back when CDs came out I was buying up al my friends collections so I have multiples of the main stay, but some have different labels or covers. I also have two copies of Skynyrds "Street Surviviors" with the flames on the cover before the crash.

heres mine i would like to put them on cd and put them on my ipod
classic its already has 11996 songs on it

Attachments

• Picture 181.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 182.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 114

100_1792.jpg

sorry to see that happen

I religeously go through every box of albums at flea markets and yard sales and I've got a few stashed! I lost a bunch of them in a bar fire where I was DJ-ing years back!

I still have my college days stereo (I bought it Sophomore Year in 1977) and LPs in my garage. Anytime I'm working out there either the FM radio or a record is playing.

Still got my collection.Ranges from the Stones and the sixties,to Gun and Roses and the eighties.Won't part with it for my life.

I have a small collection of classic rock LP's, about 70. I play them through my Marantz 2252B amp and a Sansui turntable.
Oooohhh!!!!! that's a sweet receiver! Does yours have the FM Dolby decoder? The EU model had two Phono inputs to boot.

This is my old set up along with a Music Hall MMF-5 turntable. (Also burned in the fire)

Attachments

• AUTU717.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 85
  • mmf5.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 101
Oooohhh!!!!! that's a sweet receiver! Does yours have the FM Dolby decoder? The EU model had two Phono inputs to boot.

Hey thanks! I enjoy it.
No, I don't have the decoder but I have been looking for one. I'm not sure if it would actually do anything. I don't think FM is broadcast in Dolby anymore.
Mine isn't the UK model, but it does have two phono imputs. The UK models I've seen have a black face, which look really cool.

Looking at your Marantz, I have the "quadraphonic" version of that same receiver! lol. It's model #4230.
I too have a good size collection of LP's Mine date back to the 50's and 60's, and 70's, and if I had those that belonged to my parents I've got quite a few from the 40's, too.

You've got to love these old receivers, no equalizers or anything else needed, just hook up some good speakers and away you go. They are extremely responsive with their simple three bands of EQ and definitely loud enough to destroy your hearing. :D

-
Back