Lucas Oil Info

-

brian6pac

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Found this on there web site dated 2017, couldn't find zinc data on any oils and I called there tech lines and they are telling me it's proprietary? Any one run into this?
Zinc_Values_MotorcycleOil.jpg

Talking with Lucas Oil tech and he told me that the racing is not for long term use and not to run it on the street. You can run the marine oil 3100 ppm zinc on the street with no problem.

I run the Lucas hot rod oil in my Dart. Love it. High Zinc for agressive flat tappet cam i have, clings really well for sometimes infrequent driving. Run it street and strip.

I *THINK* Lucas, like Redline oil, doesn't use detergent packages and a few other things in their race oils. I never liked that but the theory is with short drain intervals you don't need them.

You still have cold starts on a race car and other things that detergents and dispersants help with.

If Lucas says not to use a racing oil on the street I'd listen. I've met both Forrest and Charlotte when Morgan was in the A/FD. They are very nice people.

I *THINK* Lucas, like Redline oil, doesn't use detergent packages and a few other things in their race oils. I never liked that but the theory is with short drain intervals you don't need them.

You still have cold starts on a race car and other things that detergents and dispersants help with.

If Lucas says not to use a racing oil on the street I'd listen. I've met both Forrest and Charlotte when Morgan was in the A/FD. They are very nice people.

The hot rod stuff i use, Lucas says is suitable for racing.

I didn't know Lucas made zinc oils. I run Amsoil Z-rod synthetic in mine. Maybe I'll look into Lucas now. I like their products.

I didn't know Lucas made zinc oils. I run Amsoil Z-rod synthetic in mine. Maybe I'll look into Lucas now. I like their products.

Yea. I have a pretty agressive flat tappet. I broke it in with Gibbs break in oil. Then have run Lucas hot rod ever since. Stuff is excellent. Quiet and instant oil pressure after sitting extended amounts of time. May go from 20/50 to 10/40 next time i change oil.

I ran Lucas in my big trucks for sometime....and used their oil stabilizer for a couple million miles. My last truck went 1,900,000 miles before getting an in-frame overhaul.

Lucas does make quality product, and the few times, I called them....They were spot on,honest...about their product.

-
Back