M Code Notch

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a few pics of a project I am getting started on. It's a 69 M Code that was taken off the road in 1979. Lived its whole life as a racecar and want to restore it to its former racing theme. Not sure how many of these cars are still around but I think there are only a few dozen. If anyone has a parts car I am looking for quite a few parts for it, please let me know.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 621
  • 7.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 593
  • 6.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 584
  • 5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 602
  • 4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 583
  • 3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 603
No, he had sold most of the parts already. Got the fenderwell headers from him and a few other small items though.

Is there a VIN and/or fender tag with the car? If so, check with BB-Dave and see if it is in his registry. If it has been out of the rotation for that long, I would be surprised if he has it in there.

Great find! Too bad all of the hard to find stuff is already gone. I'm interested to see where this build goes.

Yeah there's a vin and fender tag on it. It won't be going back to original since it is missing too many of those hard to find parts. The car was never "original" anyways, the owner started modifying it as soon as he took it off the lot.

That is one cool car !! Congrats !
Do you have any pics of it in it's racer glory ?
Are you going to make it look nostalgic or more modern ?
I love the car and the color what a score !!

Here some pictures for you before the action and one of the car in storage. BB Dave knew of the car. He was supposed to buy the car from the guy who bought the unit. The guy was in contact with Dave and they had a deal work out to buy it and the guy screwed Dave over. Dave help him out Big Time and in return he screwed dave over and used him for his knowledge and more.

On anther note. Glad to see a member end up with the car. Good luck with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_2546.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_2547.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_2548.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_2549.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 514
AMD makes the rear valance, trunk floor and xtensions. then you would need a quarter. i think i would recommend taking it to a frame shop and having it checked for straightness. also check the vin, radiator support, and drivers side trunk seal lip for all matching numbers.

BB-Dave has a picture of the fender tag. I thought I have one. He will post it later

Sounds like the car has as interesting story...almost as interesting as the car itself.

IHMO, I would not put in back in 'race' trim. I would fix those inners, and put a lightly modified 440 in it. Sort of like a "Day 2" look while staying true to the fender tag and pedigree of the car, while having the latitude to insert your own personal preferences or parts where you see fit. Not sure if that is a numbers matching block or tranny, either. It seems wasteful to do fenderwells and other things like that when better alternatives exist.

PM ABCuda if you are looking for a back half for that car. He is here in San Diego and has a 69 Notch he is parting out...might help cut the cost of new AMD metal. I also have his phone number if your PMs go unanswered. He has not been on here in a while.

I would love to know more of the backstory on this car from BB-Dave or Davescuda as well.

The engine is a factory replacement block and trans is a 70 6 pack car 727. I don't want to go back to all original because of the cost and rarity of the parts. I have most of the parts it was raced with in the '70s including the fender well headers. The car only has 40k miles but many of them are from being raced.

I will try to contact him, I want to use all factory parts to replace the quarter and stay away from aftermarket panels even though I know amd is pretty good quality.

Sounds like the car has as interesting story...almost as interesting as the car itself.

IHMO, I would not put in back in 'race' trim. I would fix those inners, and put a lightly modified 440 in it. Sort of like a "Day 2" look while staying true to the fender tag and pedigree of the car, while having the latitude to insert your own personal preferences or parts where you see fit. Not sure if that is a numbers matching block or tranny, either. It seems wasteful to do fenderwells and other things like that when better alternatives exist.

PM ABCuda if you are looking for a back half for that car. He is here in San Diego and has a 69 Notch he is parting out...might help cut the cost of new AMD metal. I also have his phone number if your PMs go unanswered. He has not been on here in a while.

I would love to know more of the backstory on this car from BB-Dave or Davescuda as well.

Just finally got to look under the car and check everything out and found that the engine is numbers matching. Currently still looking for a parts car to use for the replacement parts needed.

A '69 440 'Cuda notch is my ultimate dream car. There was a yellow fastback in Lancaster when I was a kid. I've been into them for a long time. Glad to see that this one will get a second chance.

good deal for paying 5050.00. that was great buy. to bad it's been on ebay for 12,000 then 15000.00 now 13200.00.

Wow, great score!

I'd definitely keepi it semi stock appearing with the hood and badging but work the living snot out of the engine and drivetrain.

-
Back