M/T ET street radial pro VS.

-

motorhead446

Reaction score
Any opinions on the mickey thompson ET street radial vs. the ET street radial pro? The size is right at what I use which is the ET street radial 275/60-15 28". I m due for replacement and Im considering the ET radial pro or a small step up to the ET street radial in 295/50-15 which adds approx 1.5" tread on the same size rim, 8".

Any opinions on the mickey thompson ET street radial vs. the ET street radial pro? The size is right at what I use which is the ET street radial 275/60-15 28". I m due for replacement and Im considering the ET radial pro or a small step up to the ET street radial in 295/50-15 which adds approx 1.5" tread on the same size rim, 8".

are you looking to add the extra 1.5 to gear the car differently?
or is it 1.5 wider? I get that if it fits. I looked at my tire size calculator and couldn't find the second tire size.
since this is the race forum I assume you're not driving on the street much if at all?
My et-streets are too sticky for the road they would pick up every nail and sharp object. just too expensive to have holes in and I assume once you have a hole in one you're probably going to junk it . I would! I'm not going to race a patchwork tire. I will like to follow this thread for GOOD answers, as I to would like to know which way to go when it's time for my the tires.

are you looking to add the extra 1.5 to gear the car differently?
or is it 1.5 wider? I get that if it fits. I looked at my tire size calculator and couldn't find the second tire size.
since this is the race forum I assume you're not driving on the street much if at all?
My et-streets are too sticky for the road they would pick up every nail and sharp object. just too expensive to have holes in and I assume once you have a hole in one you're probably going to junk it . I would! I'm not going to race a patchwork tire. I will like to follow this thread for GOOD answers, as I to would like to know which way to go when it's time for my the tires.

I decided to go with the ET street radial in 295/55-15. I wanted to add some width and this is a inexpensive way to do it. ( no new rims) I do plan to go to a ten inch rim in the future. I need 6.5 backspacing since I have a stock rear. I had ten inch rims with twelve inch tires in the past and they worked great. I dont drive on the street much but do want the option. I will try them out at Norwalk next weekend and see how they do. Thanks for the input.

I decided to go with the ET street radial in 295/55-15. I wanted to add some width and this is a inexpensive way to do it. ( no new rims) I do plan to go to a ten inch rim in the future. I need 6.5 backspacing since I have a stock rear. I had ten inch rims with twelve inch tires in the past and they worked great. I dont drive on the street much but do want the option. I will try them out at Norwalk next weekend and see how they do. Thanks for the input.

My dart has been in the 10.40 with the M/T 275/60/15 drag radial. I bought a set of the pros.but not had a chance to try them yet. On your car is the rear stock? I mean has the springs been moved in etc??

My dart has been in the 10.40 with the M/T 275/60/15 drag radial. I bought a set of the pros.but not had a chance to try them yet. On your car is the rear stock? I mean has the springs been moved in etc??

The springs have been moved, super stock springs, comp engineering shocks.

the pro is a way better tire. i street drive mine all the time. they have 30-40 passes and 3000 street miles and look almost new.

-
Back