M1 Aluminum 2 bbl Intake manifold Part #P4529115

-

Mopar King

Beginner / Need of Help
Reaction score
I been searching on-line for information and pictures on a certain intake which I found very interesting but couldn't find anything on. So I thought why not add some info from the "Mopar six cylinder Engine performance book" and a few pictures for future reference. The intake is a Mopar M1 Aluminum 2 Barrel intake Part #P4529115 M1 Single plain intake manifold. Here are some pictures of the intake front and back.

Just wanted to start a conversation :hello1:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3,441
  • 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,501
  • 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,671
  • 4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,598
  • 7.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,561
  • 5.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 8.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,484
  • 14.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,479
  • 12.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,484
  • 13.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,495
All info in the Mopar six cylinder performance book, needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Does any one see wrong info in what is printed there?

Darter6, I was wondering about that too... ;) .

It also says the 4bbl manifold was made of cast iron...LOL wonder how much that would have weighed, and how much scaffolding would be needed to hold it up?
If memory serves me correctly, the hyper pack 4bbl was aluminum...correct?

Yes, the heat crossover, as stated, only pertains to a V-8.
The "factory" 4 bbl, only was the aluminum hyperpak, no cast iron factory 4 bbl
That page also gives the impression, to use the 350 or 500 2bbl carb. That manifold will not accept the big Holley 2bbl, without an adapter. It is for the "small bolt pattern" 2 bbl carter/holley carb, that is used on the super six, or 273/318 engines. As for being the "best" manifold, that would depend on the use. For a street car or mild build, maybe. For a More performance performance type build there are/were several better choices. Any where from the Offie/Clifford, 4 bbl manifolds to 3x2 Webber setups.

There are numerous statements in the slant six racing manual, that are word for word, from the v-8 manuals, and do not pertain to the slant six.

I picked up one of those P4529115 intakes back in 2008, back when the economy was crashing,, it was very lightly used and the price was right.

Powder coated it clear, will be using it on a slant going in a D-150.

having Mopar cast into the #1 runner is cool,, but as far a performance, I doubt if there is any difference between the slant six M1 and a regular super six intake.

below are photos of a collection of slant six intakes. ( don't know why the phots posted like they did, but the link seems to work)
front to rear
1) 2 piece welded die cast intake
2) 2bbl M1 slant six
3) 1bbl stock intake
4) Aussie speed 2bbl

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/13718356@N02/sets/72157623994491468/"]2010 5 May Slant Six Intakes - a set on Flickr[/ame]

To the OP,

Your pictures are very good. Putting the measuring tape across the port is effective IMHO because it very accurately portrays the size. Sometimes it is necessary to have a scale of reference for this sort of stuff.

Thank 2 darts, I agree about the scale reference idea. I wished I seen pictures like this before I bought my intake but I went ahead and bought it with the sellers description and trust and Im happy I did, its a clean intake. There is not a clear image of the intake online, I even checked in slantsix.org (maybe I must have missed it). Slant Six Dan helped me with a couple of questions I was worried about but he assured me that everything is ok. For the holes on the runners he told me to "these holes must be plugged with a brass pipe plugs not bolts or you will have a massive vacuum leak; the car will not run and fuel/air vapour will pour out of the holes to be ignited by whatever spark happens to be happen" . Thanks Slant six Dan It helps us all in the end

I'm looking for an M1 Slant Intake if anyone has one for sale? Please let me know. Thanks.! Phone number deleted by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
wow my post became alive again lol...maybe someone has one here OR on slantsix.org. They are pretty rare. they have one for sale on ebay right now but the price is about 3x the amount i paid for and its crazy BUT its his price...

wow my post became alive again lol...maybe someone has one here OR on slantsix.org. They are pretty rare. they have one for sale on ebay right now but the price is about 3x the amount i paid for and its crazy BUT its his price...
Yeah, I saw it. That's why I didn't buy it. But it looks like someone did.? Thanks.! I'm hoping someone has one at a decent price.!

You may want to try the NOS parts dealers.Some one such as Brad's NOS Parts.They like when you contact them with the part number,and you have that.Then they check their data base quickly.You never know,you may get lucky and they won't gouge and sell it reasonable IF they have it.

-
Back