M1 Intake for the Street?

-

Brambles

Reaction score
Deciding between the RPM and the M1 Single plane, the combo is

cam power range will be approx 2500-6800
2800-3000 stall.

Are the M1's designed for street cars or Race cars? I seen some M1's with a 4500 + RPM powerband..not good for my purpose. What is the powerband of a smallblock M1 intake?
Do they have all the heater hose ports and everything to run a street car or are they basic strip car intakes.

Thanks

Brambles

You can run a single plane on the street but they can be (I said can be) a nightmare for tuning the carb, ask me how I know. For puttering around town and going to the strip the RPM is the best choice. I'm switching to an RPM Performer here pretty quick.

Terry

i ran a M-1 on my 340 on the street and it also went 12.07@108. my buddy ran a M-1 on his 440 67GTX on the street and he went 11.66@114
but with YOUR combo,id go with the AIRGAP!!!

Are the M1's designed for street cars or Race cars?

The M-1 single plane was design more of a race intake, but it is useable on the street. IMO, your set up doesn't need it and would be better off with a RPM.

I'd really like to take a look at the entire combo to be honest with ya.

I seen some M1's with a 4500 + RPM powerband..not good for my purpose.

That M-1 is one of many M-1 intakes. M-1's come in factory copy like dual plane, street strip single plane, race single, dom carb race single, tunnel ram as well as W-2, W-5 etc... versions.

IF you have any questions on which exact M-1 single plane to look for, there here, the tech line and Mancini racing to call up and ask about.

What is the powerband of a smallblock M1 intake?

The M-1 single plane for standard head small blocks is mis printed in the catolog. It'll make power between 2500 - 6500 no problem. I'd bet you could push it to 7G.

Do they have all the heater hose ports and everything to run a street car or are they basic strip car intakes.

The one mentioned above, yes, other M-1's, model dependent, no.

Thanks

Brambles

-
Back