Machining costs

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
Just wondering ball park figures on this, i got my engine in to the machinist and wondering what i am paying compared to everyone else.

Dissassemble 360 short block, clean block, sonic check
j head work, open up to 2.02 valves
hardened seats
bowl porting
zero deck block
balance and install rotating assembly
im sure theres plenty more i'm forgetting, add it in if its usually done.
i beleive the crankshaft was fine

I would guess some where in the $1,500.00-$2,00.00 range, as everyone has different prices.

there south of us about like umm 500 to 600 miles but mine should be about 600 and should be less if my dads friend knows some people

Without an exact list of what's being done, it's hard to say, That's not alot if you're dropping off a core, and picking up and assembled long block. All the usual work for a performance build up for me is about $2700, without parts, and without assembly. Sometimes some things can get cheaper, that would be worst case. But really, good equipment costs more than the good guy to run it. So quality machining can get expensive.

I live in Virginia but I found Dvorak Machine Shop in Florida to do my work. He`s a max wedge guy who`s very well versed in Mopars:read2:. I got more done, cheaper ,with shipping included, than having it done here. Anybody who needs work on their big blocks (especially) I recommend them. You can Google them and find some Mopar Muscle Magazine articles that are informative and amusing.

-
Back