Made a compromise and went to church this morning

-
Unfortunately Christians are the biggest bunch of hypocrites most the time !

Unfortunately a vast majority of Christian's look more like pharisees, then followers of Christ !

Condemnation is for Christ alone !

As for the pharisees may God soften your heart and show you the heir of your ways .
LOL...… Are you Christ??? you just condemned the vast majority of Christians...
:rofl:

I am a sinner saved by grace!
I am a hypocrite in training !
Jesus is my doctor !

Show me where I condemned?
Look, I'm laughing and really just pok'n. But when you call vast majority of Christians Hypocrites and Pharisees, you condemned. After you said condemning is for Christ... wink wink

Condemnation,
The act of punishing someone.
Sentencing.

I stand by my statements.
Why don't most people even believers want to go to church ?

I think it is safe to say they feel judged and condemned, not loved and forgiven ?

Most Christian's look no different then non Christian's.

In fact often many non Christian's appear to be more loving , and more moral then many christians.
These are facts not some made up thing !
Legalism is no better then liberalism !

I stand by my statements.
Why don't most people even believers want to go to church ?

I think it is safe to say they feel judged and condemned, not loved and forgiven ?

Most Christian's look no different then non Christian's.

In fact often many non Christian's appear to be more loving , and more moral then many christians.
These are facts not some made up thing !
Legalism is no better then liberalism !

No one is perfect, (least of all me), just forgiven .
Supposed to strive to do better.
Some people had a really screwed up child hood, a lot to overcome .

Okay, time for me to chime in......born catholic. Accepped Jesus as Savior at 16 at a pentecostal church.
left said church to go to my GF's (now wife of 36 yrs) charismatic baptist church. Her father was pastor there from '57 to '87. Next pastor, 29 yrs. Both taught the Word, both New and Old Testament. Very stable church. Most of you here would like the teaching. I have been a deacon, and more recently an elder. I stepped down from the elder position last winter. Becoming and elder was an eye opening, sad experience for me. While on the surface our church was a loving, caring and praying church, I found, as and elder, that there tends to be two sets of leadership in most American churches, using our church as an example, the spiritual and the administration leaders. I'm not talking about general members (that's a separate problem.LOL I'm a member, or was.) but about those who RUN the church. Most all churches own a building. Most all churches are nonprofit. And most have a constitution or some declaration that is a guide to how they operate in both realms. Money and power is usually where the under lying fighting begins, then there is the human weakness of the flesh. Oh boy does that cause trouble!!!! Our Pastors won't counsel any woman unless his wife is present. We are all sheep. Even AJ, who knows the Word very well.
Let me share that in Jesus' day, in the Hebrew culture when a man and woman became betrothed, the man is bound to this betrothal, He can not leave her for another, but goes to prepare a place for HIS Bride. However the woman can split at any time before the marriage. If she sees a dude with a Hemi A body camel, she can go be with him. This would end her betrothal to the other non Hemi guy. But if they do get married they are both bound and can not leave the marriage.
We are the Bride, those who put their trust in Christ the Messiah to save us from sin. We are waiting for Him to come and get His Bride!!!!! But in the meantime we live here as sheep. (read the book of Romans then read Watchman Nee's book "the Normal Christian life")
Back to church...Our church has people who have been on the same boards for for 30+ yrs.
It is so easy to get caught up in CHURCHIANITY. This is when we promote our church for the sake of pride, attendance,and money under the Christian name.
I will end here, after a lifetime for my wife, and 37 years for me at the same church, we left two weeks ago to start attending a Calvary Chapel fellowship. Hope we don't ruin it..............................

Last edited:
Okay, time for me to chime in......born catholic. Accepped Jesus as Savior at 16 at a pentecostal church.
left said church to go to my GF's (now wife of 36 yrs) charismatic baptist church. Her father was pastor there from '57 to '87. Next pastor, 29 yrs. Both taught the Word, both New and Old Testament. Very stable church. Most of you here would like the teaching. I have been a deacon, and more recently an elder. I stepped down from the elder position last winter. Becoming and elder was an eye opening, sad experience for me. While on the surface our church was a loving, caring and praying church, I found, as and elder, that there tends to be two sets of leadership in most American churches, using our church as an example, the spiritual and the administration leaders. I'm not talking about general members (that's a separate problem.LOL I'm a member, or was.) but about those who RUN the church. Most all churches own a building. Most all churches are nonprofit. And most have a constitution or some declaration that is a guide to how they operate in both realms. Money and power is usually where the under lying fighting begins, then there is the human weakness of the flesh. Oh boy does that cause trouble!!!! Our Pastors won't counsel any woman unless his wife is present. We are all sheep. Even AJ, who knows the Word very well.
Let me share that in Jesus' day, in the Hebrew culture when a man and woman became betrothed, the man is bound to this betrothal, He can not leave her for another, but goes to prepare a place for HIS Bride. However the woman can split at any time before the marriage. If she sees a dude with a Hemi A body camel, she can go be with him. This would end her betrothal to the other non Hemi guy. But if they do get married they are both bound and can not leave the marriage.
We are the Bride, those who put their trust in Christ the Messiah to save us from sin. We are waiting for Him to come and get His Bride!!!!! But in the meantime we live here as sheep. (read the book of Romans then read Watchman Nee's book "the Normal Christian life")
Back to church...Our church has people who have been on the same boards for for 30+ yrs.
It is so easy to get caught up in CHURCHIANITY. This is when we promote our church for the sake of pride, attendance,and money under the Christian name.
I will end here, after a lifetime for my wife, and 37 years for me at the same church, we left two weeks ago to start attending a Calvary Chapel fellowship. Hope we don't ruin it..............................

The Baptist church we attend about every time the doors open , is dwindling away as the older people die off. The music flat out is about as bad as I `ve ever seen, if it wasn`t about CHRIST, I`s say it sucks. The music co ordinator mostly picks the music, it`s better when the pastor does it, in his absence.
The pastor is in his 80`s and will never retire , mind you I`m not bad mouthing him, I`m sure he`s a better Cristian than I am, but not very charismatic at all. It just doesn`t have anything to draw people in. I`ve seen more people go forward to get saved at my son and daughters church during a Christmas service, than I `ve ever seen at my church in 18-19 yrs. , but it`s extremely loud and in to the electrical light show thing.
Guess that's what the people are looking for now.

Last edited:
My favorite church was back in Mo. out in the country. They also had a private school on the property. Service always had plenty of children up to the seniors, and those in College when home. Most of the parents were farmers and ranchers, but other kids went there also. All these kids where the most polite and mature for their age. Their upbringing and being shown God's word, no doubt made a difference.
I understand the music deal of the younger people, I do not care for it really, but their songs were lead by a rhythumn guitar and a plute, and piana.
I miss that church!

See you guys in church.

I do not attend anymore I can not understand the preacher or the sunday school teacher sitting right in front of him!

My wife has lived in this area the last 35 years. She has a problem going to a church and then seeing some people there she knows are as corrupt and despicable as there is.

I have my faith and I trust God understands.

I do not attend anymore I can not understand the preacher or the sunday school teacher sitting right in front of him!

My wife has lived in this area the last 35 years. She has a problem going to a church and then seeing some people there she knows are as corrupt and despicable as there is.

Our wedding anniversary is this month during full moon, I applaud the open minded folks on this forum. Not everyone on here is Christian, whether we are big block or small block, military or non, we all have a common passion for our Mopars. We exchange ideas and help each other out. Regardless of faith and or motor preference. You can't turn on a news outlet without being bombarded by negativity. We can each come on here and get positive, open, while sometimes not in agreement feedback knowing at end of the day we could sit down in any garage in any state and bench race for hours with most any member on here. You guys rock.
Blessed be

IMG_1599.JPG

Our wedding anniversary is this month during full moon, I applaud the open minded folks on this forum. Not everyone on here is Christian, whether we are big block or small block, military or non, we all have a common passion for our Mopars. We exchange ideas and help each other out. Regardless of faith and or motor preference. You can't turn on a news outlet without being bombarded by negativity. We can each come on here and get positive, open, while sometimes not in agreement feedback knowing at end of the day we could sit down in any garage in any state and bench race for hours with most any member on here. You guys rock.
Blessed be

View attachment 1715232259
Just don't paint your engine compartment black if your cars not black...… :D

I go with the wife. I enjoy the message and our pastors are both very good. We have a good music program which is also a plus and part of the experience. It's a large Lutheran church with 3000 members and lots of programs to get plugged into. We go almost every Sunday but aren't active in the other programs much. I really can't pin down my faith or lack of at times. Sometimes it all seems a bit far fetched and then again it makes sense. I was pretty hot under the collar a few weeks ago during a introduction of one of our missionaries. "They are spreading Christianity in areas where Islam is the religion". I sure don't want Islamic's to come to my town and try to change me to their ways. Why should we do it to them. That's the kind of things I don't like.

I do know I walk outside and I see God in all the beauty of this world. It can be the color of the grass, the huge sky above, or the smell of fresh air. I admit we live "out", somewhat. The further "out" I live the more I feel God's presence.
I am glad I see God everyday and do not have to be in a church to do so. But I do not proclaim to be the Christian I should be. I have asked Jesus Christ to forgive me of my sins, and try to lead a life without fault the best I can.
I agree , this forum is a wonderful place where friends meet. We do agree with each other on everything, but in the end we are all friends.
Yes, I painted my engine compartment in my BLACK car black!!

Don't mix up Religion with God. My favorite church is St. Stevens Anglican Church in Timonium, Md. I also like to listen to Alistair Begg. Mostly for the Word and background of the times. If Anyone leads you away from what is in the Bible run away and don't look back.

Heck....one of those Velosity TV shows, the dude sold the Superbird for how many $$$$ ?.... it was B3 blue and the engine compartment was WHITE!!!!! ( door jams also!). ha

I go with the wife. I enjoy the message and our pastors are both very good. We have a good music program which is also a plus and part of the experience. It's a large Lutheran church with 3000 members and lots of programs to get plugged into. We go almost every Sunday but aren't active in the other programs much. I really can't pin down my faith or lack of at times. Sometimes it all seems a bit far fetched and then again it makes sense. I was pretty hot under the collar a few weeks ago during a introduction of one of our missionaries. "They are spreading Christianity in areas where Islam is the religion". I sure don't want Islamic's to come to my town and try to change me to their ways. Why should we do it to them. That's the kind of things I don't like.

When it all boils down, that is why we are here.
Do I spread the word , can`t say I do , but that is a short coming on my part. NOT HIS !

-
Back