Made a few passes with the 434 small block last week

-

justinp61

Reaction score
My local track has an monthly event called "street Car Shoot Out", the first one was last Saturday night. The wife and I loaded up a couple chairs and some bottled water in the trunk of the Dart and headed out.

There were a bunch of cars there, everything from imports to Corvettes, rat rods and motorcycles. I have suspected for a while now that my Digital 6 has been the source of a popping issue. First I tried the rev limiter set a zero, on both passes the car fell down after it went into high gear. So I set it to 9000, no more pop, now we're getting somewhere!

Long story short it ran a best of 6.504 @ 106.67 with a 1.43 60' through the mufflers, with the air cleaner on pump 93, just like I drive it. It was cooling off and my wife was cold so we loaded back up and drove home.

That's kickin some hiney.

It's nice to drive it there and back and Race also! especially at that level, good job..

When did you get a gold member ?!?

I dont remember the exact date...it was shortly before Christmas. I got a generic anonymous card in the mail that said it was my Christmas present. Kinda cool, really.

I dont remember the exact date...it was shortly before Christmas. I got a generic anonymous card in the mail that said it was my Christmas present. Kinda cool, really.
Does this mean you have a gold winky ?!? LMAO

It's Threads like this that make me think about cutting that damn roll bar back out and just putting that complete interior that I've been amassing for the last 2 years into the car. Throwing some stock wheels and tires on it and just driving it to the track and racing it. What would I lose a half a second on the track? Big deal. I've been trying to sell the complete Black and damn near of complete green interior with a brand new year one carpet kit and everything for what I paid for it not including all the time it took gas and research to find it all. that's the black stuff of course not the green stuff that came with the car which in some cases are in better shape.

I THINK you have to be a gold member to be a limp member.

My local track has an monthly event called "street Car Shoot Out", the first one was last Saturday night. The wife and I loaded up a couple chairs and some bottled water in the trunk of the Dart and headed out.

There were a bunch of cars there, everything from imports to Corvettes, rat rods and motorcycles. I have suspected for a while now that my Digital 6 has been the source of a popping issue. First I tried the rev limiter set a zero, on both passes the car fell down after it went into high gear. So I set it to 9000, no more pop, now we're getting somewhere!

Long story short it ran a best of 6.504 @ 106.67 with a 1.43 60' through the mufflers, with the air cleaner on pump 93, just like I drive it. It was cooling off and my wife was cold so we loaded back up and drove home.

Very nice indeed. Can you convert that to a 1/4 mile spec?
And oh yea! Share some of the info on parts!
Go a picture of two? I could all ways go for a little ****!

Very nice indeed. Can you convert that to a 1/4 mile spec?
And oh yea! Share some of the info on parts!
Go a picture of two? I could all ways go for a little ****!

You generally add about 4 seconds give or take. He's haulin butt.

Usually it's just a little more than 1/2 the time you spent in the 1/8..... give or take

SBeeMan it has 325/50 ET Streets and 4.10 gears.

The engine has Indy 360-1 heads and Indy intake 11.2-1 compression, a 263/271 @ .050", .711/.719" solid roller measured at the retainer. I'd say it's 3300#, it was 3260 with the 408 and this R1 block is heaver, supposedly 230#.

I think it has some low .40's in street trim when it's sorted out and hopefully some .30's without the exhaust and with the air pan. It runs on pump 93.

Thanks

I think it needs more cam. LOL

LOL, it's not very lumpy.

The converter is probably going to have to go back, 18% slippage isn't going to cut it.

Not hardly. You gotta do better than that. lol

Really doing the job for sure. I'm finishing a 340 based 431 stroker. Less cam .650 lift,ported eddy heads,12.52 compression. Ladder bar,coilover,dana with spool & 4:30 gear.
It's my first small block drag car,so I was hoping for 6.80 range in the 1/8.

Really doing the job for sure. I'm finishing a 340 based 431 stroker. Less cam .650 lift,ported eddy heads,12.52 compression. Ladder bar,coilover,dana with spool & 4:30 gear.
It's my first small block drag car,so I was hoping for 6.80 range in the 1/8.

It should run that without breathing hard. My Edelbrock headed 10.9-1, pump 93 408 went 6.57 at 3260# in the Dart. THe cam was a flat solid 260/264 @ .050", .628/.633" lift. It went 6.70 in street trim.

-
Back