Made some custom headers

-
Mopar people are the cheapest car guys out there. I bet you'd have a hard time making it worth your while with all of the alligator arms out there. Though, if you built a set for a BB early A that nice, I'd gladly pay you a premium for them.
Yea I thought about that. People don’t like to pay for quality stuff

Yea I thought about that. People don’t like to pay for quality stuff

Nice Craftsmanship..... As for producing them, Mopar people expect to pay nothing however when they sell there is a goldmine in their hands. It's always been that way.... Enjoy your talent and thanks for showcasing it....

JW

Were you able to keep the primary tubes equal length? Nice effort.
I'm thinking about doing a set after I've retired and I have a little more time to burn. Did you use any of those plastic modeling pipes or just let-er rip from scratch?
The equal length on the tubes is almost impossible with those obstacles.. you’d have to send the rear tubes all the way to the front.. those modeling blocks are okay.. I’ve never used them

I have a Facebook page. Joey D’s Racecar fabrication if you guys want to follow the build of the dart. Getting a whole bunch of goodies. Holley terminator and so on

Beautiful set of headers you made. Very nicely done. I'm sure there is a market for headers that well built. Some people want good quality parts on their cars.
I had a set made for a '68 Dart with aftermarket front suspension and big block.
They're stainless with slip-on collectors, and starter installation is a breeze with no torsion bars being in the way. So worth the money.

Motor is a 318/ 904 in a 68 dart. 1-5/8 tubes. They all come apart with double slip fit collectors to minimize exhaust leaks. Starter is able to come in/out and oil filter is serviceable. Mild steel but they will be coated
]
That looks good!
Your attention to detail clearly shows i like what you did to the first bend on #1 and #2 to get some reasoneble space to reach the bolts.

Outstanding! Some of us old Mopar guys are willing to pay for quality parts. My best friend has a 1970 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland. All his parts are half of what my Mopar parts cost. I'm still a diehard Mopar man, and have resigned myself to what quality Mopar parts cost. Yeah, I'm old and stubborn.......

-
Back