Magnum 5.9/Doug's headers--what diameter exhaust pipe do you reccomend?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Stock "Magnum 300" with dual plane Mopar intake manifold, Demon 650, Doug's headers...looking at heads/cam next year.

I'm having a custom system with an H-pipe being bent up now...What diameter exhaust system would be best for street (and occasional strip) use?

I assume that "bigger is better" when it comes to motors like this...so forgive me if this is another dumbass question...but I massively appreciate the expertise of this community and my budget only allows me to do this once. :D

Thanks!!
-Mike

3inch would give you room for future upgrades in power, or even 3 inch to the mufflers And 2 1/2 tail pipes. I checked around and two shops said they wouldn't do 3 inch tail pipes cause it wouldn't fit. Guess they didn't check summit, they sell 3 inch mandrel bent that includes tail pipes. My 340 dart slows down .3 in the 1/4 with the exhaust on, 2 1/2 from headers to choke master mufflers and factory 2 1/4? I think tail pipes, they were on the car when I got it.

It takes a mighty healthy small block to need 3" pipes.I would say 2.5 mandrel bent pipes with a less restrictive muffler.

2.5 full mandrel bent summit kit on my car. No drone and uncap the cutouts, 6 wingnuts at the track.

2.5 full mandrel bent summit kit on my car. No drone and uncap the cutouts, 6 wingnuts at the track.

This is what I was running when I had the Doug's Headers on. The Summit DIY kit with X-pipe and cutouts, exiting from the mufflers, heating the axle grease.

So 2.5" mandrel-bent system is on with some generic turbo mufflers (light and cheap)

It sounds tremendous.

Thanks, guys!

-
Back