Magnum 5.9L rebuild data

-

Achill

Reaction score
Hi

delivered my engine to the shop, and to check everything they are asking the all data I can provide, like the torque for the tightening the bolts (sorry for my non technical English), the diameters, all the data that will help to determine the issues I have (if any) with my crate and crankshaft, etc.

And, if possible, I'm already know that I have problems with 1st and 8th cylinders, what will I need for the next from stock "repair"? Don't laugh on me, we have "hands" but have no knowledge about this engine. Is there a rebuild kit for my case? like rebuild pistons, chain, etc?

Thanks in advance!

There are rebuild kits available for Magnums. I'd check with a local machine shop, they might get one at a fairly decent price. What are the issues with the engine?

There are rebuild kits available for Magnums. I'd check with a local machine shop, they might get one at a fairly decent price. What are the issues with the engine?
Issues I have it’s the cylinders (1,8) looks like it have damages. And I’ll need next size pistons and rings? (What size?). The crankshaft should be polished- don’t know whats the next size of bearings? Cam, main? Also they’ve asked about sizes, diameters of all the rest I could find. Is there any manual for such engine rebuild?
And on top my pkan is to balance my crankshaft, to make it balanced with front harmonic balancer and with my torque converter.

The machinist should be able to tell you what size is needed for your pistons. .020, .030, .040, etc....

Your going to have the engine internally balanced?

The machinist should be able to tell you what size is needed for your pistons. .020, .030, .040, etc....

Your going to have the engine internally balanced?

my plan is to have it balanced :) with the stock harmonic balancer and with the stock flexplate it's till having vibration. I've took out an engine and discovered that the crankshaft bearings are heavily "damaged", the oil is black with some metal dust... the shop have the balancing machine and my plan is to have my crankshaft balanced with the harmonic balancer and the flexplate together. or.. to spend some extra money and to buy the stroker kit...

my plan is to have it balanced :) with the stock harmonic balancer and with the stock flexplate it's till having vibration. I've took out an engine and discovered that the crankshaft bearings are heavily "damaged", the oil is black with some metal dust... the shop have the balancing machine and my plan is to have my crankshaft balanced with the harmonic balancer and the flexplate together. or.. to spend some extra money and to buy the stroker kit...
I've found what I've needed

https://www.engine-specs.net/chrysler/360-magnum.html here the full data.

-
Back