Magnum 500's

-

mo.muscle

Reaction score
Guys I thought that Ford wheels fit Dodge 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern, and Dodge wouldn't fit Ford because the center hole is to small. Am I correct on this or is it in reverse?

Depends on the wheels. Aftermarket wheels, and Magnum 500's probably have a larger center hole, and remember, that once upon a time, Ford/ Mopar wasn't the ONLy folks using that pattern

Guys I thought that Ford wheels fit Dodge 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern, and Dodge wouldn't fit Ford because the center hole is to small. Am I correct on this or is it in reverse?

Ford and Mopar wheels are both 5 lug with 4 1/2" bolt pattern

Ford steel wheels have a smaller center hole than the mopar. the mopar wheels fit the ford the Ford wheel will not fit a mopar ( I know 1st hand when a buddy bought a 70 RT challenger with indy 10 spokes that had regular lug nuts) we had 3 mopar wheels (he is a ford guy and had one of his mustang wheels) after changing the rear wheels we started to pull it with a tow bar, noticed the front wheels were wobbling bad so we jacked it up and put the last mopar wheel on and tried to put the ford wheel on. Since it didn't fit we left the car at a house of someone my wife knew and he went the next day to get it.

All this work and for what? that morning was an ice storm and the roads were all slick. he towed the car home anyway and was less than a mile from where he was going only to have someone loose control and hit the left front of the challenger, damn near ripped the front bumper off (remember tow bar) We went thru all this work and the car gets totaled before getting home

The magnum wheels probably will work on either. Not positive, but would guess the center on a magnum wheel does not fit as tight as a stock steel wheel.

I know for a fact that 15" Ford magnum wheels will fit Mopars. My buddy put 4 on his 1970 Coronet, later the wheels were put on a 1966 Chrysler Newport. I believe the only issue he has was with the center caps, I don't think he could use the Mopar ones on those, and I don't think he could run them any caps on the front, the center hole was a little different and the cub hit the center cap retainer. But they did look cool on both cars 8)

I think that you've got it right Mo.muscle. The Rustclang wheel fits the A-body fine. These are 15 x 7s.

Attachments

• IMG_5046n.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 245
I tried putting these on my 71 dodge dart which is drum brake on front, and they will almost go all the way down on the drum but they touch the center of hub on the center of the wheel. I put them for sale on St.Louis Mo. craigslist. I didn't think that anyone in a mopar forum would be interested in Ford wheels. I bought them cheap I thought, but by the time I got done having them sandblasted and painted I have about 350. in them.

After totaling out my 78 Ford LTD II, we put the 500s on my friends 72 Charger. Fit just fine.

the magnum wheels have nothing to center on the register. Just look at the back of them. they are centered with the lug nuts. I dont like them for this reason. Mopar steel wheels will fit on a ford but the register wont be doing its job either. How ever the
5 x 4 1/2 jeep wheels do have the same register hole as the mopars . The magnum 500's do look sweet though.

-
Back