Magnum Cam Regrinding

-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
I am going nuts wanting to work on my project but can't so I wanted to go ahead and make a post and learn some more information so I can decide what I want to do when the time comes.

I have a 93 5.2 magnum with fairly low miles holds great oil pressure and doesnt smoke any that I am putting into my 84D150 with a 4 speed.

I really wanted to put a hughes whiplash cam into it but I really can't afford a 400 dollar cam so I was thinking about having my stock cam reground somewhere.

1. Where can I have this done at? Links would be appreciated.
2. I know they can help me but Maybe you guys have some advise as well. I want it to sound good as it will be a cruiser but I also don't want it to run like a dog if I get on it any what would be some good specs to regrind to?

3. I know I would have to change the valve springs and retainers if I went much over stock lift what would you guys recommended for these parts? I was thinking of using the reground cam with the hughes retainers and springs unless there is a cheaper way that is still quality.

As always I ask here because I trust you guys and you always help me out and help me learn so thank you.

X3 .Use 1110 Hughes springs a retainers.Or Chebby 3100 springs and 2.2 Mopar retainers.

Bullet cams is my choice. The issue you'll have is the wide LSA of a stock cam(which cannot be moved more than 1 degree) will not work if you want best performance. Most NA combos are going to like 106-109lsa's and the 114lsa just won't be very close unless you run really tiny lobes. There are some magnum cams on 111lsa which would be a better choice for a regrind.

Bullet cams is my choice. The issue you'll have is the wide LSA of a stock cam(which cannot be moved more than 1 degree) will not work if you want best performance. Most NA combos are going to like 106-109lsa's and the 114lsa just won't be very close unless you run really tiny lobes. There are some magnum cams on 111lsa which would be a better choice for a regrind.

You wouldn't happen to know WHICH magnum cams had the 111LSA? I am having a hard time finding out any specs on the factory cam.

-
Back