Magnum engine misshapes..,

-
Just cleaning things up waiting for gaskets to show up...
IMG_20220930_144355547_HDR.jpg

Gaskets showed yesterday and got it closed up and ready to go in tomorrow... Need to weld nuts to the side of the exhaust bolt heads so I don't have to be in two places at once... (Something I always do...)
IMG_20221002_150647013.jpg

IMG_20221002_150639026.jpg

IMG_20221002_150701253_HDR.jpg

Engine is back in and running....
Three things are not right..
Shifting a little late... Fixed cable :thumbsup:

Temperature is higher than before...
Maybe it's the new temperature sensor??..

Idle a little rough... Threw a code, #6 misfire..
Checked plug and confirmed spark...

Going to try driving it to work tomorrow...

Speaking of Magnum heads "cracking", usually it doesn't cause a problem but..... I know you remember the "fixed - pinned" cracks that Odessa fixed on my "hasvalveswillfly" heads. lol Glad you got the truck back together. Not a appetizing job on those gen rams

Speaking of Magnum heads "cracking", usually it doesn't cause a problem but..... I know you remember the "fixed - pinned" cracks that Odessa fixed on my "hasvalveswillfly" heads. lol Glad you got the truck back together. Not a appetizing job on those gen rams
Yeah the crack in between the number 8 cylinder valves was more of a crater LOL... The 5.2 heads I put on it had zero cracks in it and the guy said the 5.2 probably had 175,000 miles 25k more than mine LOL... I just got to get these last couple little bugs worked out and I should be fine... Could just need some tune-up stuff wires and cap and rotor and or coil or an O2 sensor or something but hoping for the best and prepared for the worst. Again the only code it through was a number six misfire which was not what I was expecting...

When I checked the spark yesterday on the number six I unplugged the battery and cleared the code. I drove it to work today about 20 miles or so and no check engine. Still idled a tick rough but ran just fine. when I started up to go home it through the check engine light again and again ran fine for the most part just a little rough on the idle. Had code scanned and it was number six again so I believe the problem seems to be isolated...
I ordered new tune-up stuff cap rotor plugs wires coil. Not one to really throw parts at a vehicle to fix it but these things it could use anyways. So I'll start there...

-
Back